Is there any reason at all to hold onto an original PS4 pad?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Is there any reason at all to hold onto an original PS4 pad?

Postby pablosscripts » Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 am

I just upgraded to a Pro, and I'm still deciding on which controller to keep. I don't use a standard controller (I use a mouse), so even though the new DS4 has a lot of improvements, it means nothing to me. It's really all about compatibility with devices like Titan Two.

Does the original have any virtues at all? I heard that the original one works better with the device Max, but I never intend on buying that anyway so...any reason to hold onto it?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Is there any reason at all to hold onto an original PS4

Postby Scachi » Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 am

With the new DS4 you can switch on your PS4 while it is connected to the T2 (haven't tried it, only read it here in the forum somewhere) and the headset support (I use a separate wireless one).

The new DS4 has a small (internal) change at the casing around the L2/R2 trigger.
If you open this thing you no longer have to fear that you rip of the trigger and have to go for a long search for the little spring in your room, good for modding ;-)

And I like the visibility of the LED through the touchpad.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Is there any reason at all to hold onto an original PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm

The DualShock 4 V2 is, no doubts, a better option. For the reason Scachi pointed out and also for the ability to use controller headsets over USB and for also for enable to use the PS4 Stream App with the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device