New user wanting setup advice please.

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

New user wanting setup advice please.

Postby Tony4Fingerz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi guys,
I’m new to console gaming and have just purchased a PS4 PRO. I like to play FPS games such as COD etc. I’m looking for advice on the best way to get setup for using KBM on the PS4.
I was looking at the XIM APEX and stumbled across the TITAN2. I have the Fragpedal quad from a PC that recently died and was hoping to use them on the PS4 because as the user name suggests I only have 4 fingers and found the fragpedal great for me when using the PC. My questions are-
- what’s the best way to get setup? I’ve seen people using both the XIM APEX and TITAN2 together is this recommended if I want to use the fragpedal?
- what keyboard and mice do people recommend? I currently have the HORI TAC PRO but haven’t used it yet as I have only just purchased everything.
- is it hard to learn how create macros etc for fragpedal/keyboards? As I’m new to all this.
- are there game packs that cater for the fragpedal already?
Thanks, I can’t wait to get the TITAN2 and get gaming again.
Tony4Fingerz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New user wanting setup advice please.

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:38 am

Tony4Fingerz wrote:- what’s the best way to get setup? I’ve seen people using both the XIM APEX and TITAN2 together is this recommended if I want to use the fragpedal?

The Titan Two will be of great help to interface devices such as fragpedal, but also for buttons remappings and executing automated actions via scripts. What I suggest is first try the Titan Two alone and then, if not happy with the native support of mouse translation, add the XIM/Apex to the equation.

Tony4Fingerz wrote:- what keyboard and mice do people recommend? I currently have the HORI TAC PRO but haven’t used it yet as I have only just purchased everything.

Keyboard can be any one of your choice, for the mouse I suggest the G502 from Logitech.

Tony4Fingerz wrote:- is it hard to learn how create macros etc for fragpedal/keyboards? As I’m new to all this.

If you have some basic knowledge of programming will be relatively easy learn how to create scripts for the Titan Two. In any case you can always come here on the forums for help.

Tony4Fingerz wrote:- are there game packs that cater for the fragpedal already?

the Gamepacks are focused to be used with gamepads. Most mods will work when playing with other devices such as K&M. however, the best in your case would be customs scripts to take the most from your setup (fragpedal/keyboard/mouse).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: New user wanting setup advice please.

Postby Tony4Fingerz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks J2Kbr,
I’ll order the TITAN2 and see how it goes. I’ve got no knowledge of programming so writing custom scripts will take a bit of learning and working out.
Tony4Fingerz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan Two Device