Titan Two + Xim Apex on PS4 with Touchpad Script

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan Two + Xim Apex on PS4 with Touchpad Script

Postby Newgun » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm

Hello, although there are several posts regarding Xim and T2, I couldn't find enough info that implements the PS4 touchpad capabilities.

Objective: Main controllers will be a Sony Navigation and a Razer Naga Pro using Xim Apex mouse translation and scripts via the T2 to mimic the PS4 touchpad gestures (swipe left, right, up, down, and touchpad button press).

The Razer Naga Pro has plenty of buttons, but ideally is it possible for the mouse scroll button to be used to mimic the PS4 touchpad gestures? The Razer Naga Pro mouse scroll has 5 buttons that can be re-mapped: Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll Left, Scroll Right, and Scroll Button.

Connection:
PS4 Controller > Xim Apex HUB Port 3
Razer Naga 2.5ghz receiver > Xim Apex HUB Port 1

Xim Apex HUB > Xim Apex > Titan Two Port A > PS4 Console

Issue: Because the mouse is using the Xim Apex for translation, then I'm assuming that none of the unused key strokes or scroll movements from the mouse are passed through to activate the scripts on the Titan Two.

Can someone help to achieve this objective, and if possible guide me towards a script that mimics the PS4 touchpad gestures with the mouse scroll and buttons?

Thank you so much in advance!
Newgun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Titan Two + Xim Apex on PS4 with Touchpad Script

Postby Newgun » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Sorry, I should have posted this in the Xim category. Moderators please move if possible. Thanks!
Newgun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 am

I can't help with the script (I'm sure I've seen one on the forums), but you may have success connecting the mouse & keyboard to Titan Two, then using the USB Multi Interface HID protocol to pass the data through to the XIM APEX. So, instead of XIM APEX > Titan Two, it'd be Titan Two > XIM APEX.

Mouse & keyboard data can be coded into a script, or passed through a script using a couple of simple calls to the mouse & kb libraries, or piped through an Input Translator.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Newgun » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 am

Thanks for your help, @antithesis! I'll see if I can find a script and then test it using the USB Multi Interface HID protocol.
Newgun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices