TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Postby antithesis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:15 am

kryptik66 wrote:Thanks for the info on the USB switch, I'll probably pick one of the IOgear ones up but the 2x4 version, I have a different keyboard to try now as well so I'll test it to see whether it makes a difference

The 2x4 is perfect for just m & kb. I got the 4x4 to share a MixAmp and USB storage between consoles too.

Also, get the USB 2.0 version, NOT the USB 3.0. USB 3 is not fully supported by Xim and can cause connection issues. USB 2 will more than suffice as almost all (if not all) mice and keyboards are USB 2.0. A shared HDD will benefit from the extra throughput, but it's better to connect that direct to a console.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kryptik66 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 am

I'm thinking of buying one of these http://www.aten.com/global/en/products/usb-&-thunderbolt/peripheral-switches/us424/ it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, however I was wondering if I would still be able to connect the mouse and keyboard to the Xim 4 into their respective ports from two of the outputs on the switch one for keyboard and one for mouse, or if it's going to send the mouse/kbd signal down every usb output, as similar to yours it states that it allows four computers to share up to four USB devices.
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 am

Replied at Xim forums. Short version here (because IOGear is stupidly expensive in the UK)...

If you're only sharing m/kb between Xim and PC, you only need 2 inputs and 2 outputs and could probably get away with this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aten-CS22U-2-P ... 002NTIZCG/.

From the looks of that KVM, there would be separate outputs for both mouse and keyboard, so two ports on the Xim. I honestly don't know, but it seems a safe, cheap option.

IOGear GUS404 is different - only one output cable is required for the Xim.

The Aten model you posted above looks like a rebranded IOGear and does seem to function the same -

Note that the switch only sends the input signal (m/kb etc) down one output at a time. Simply switch between each channel (PC, Xim) for the desired output.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kryptik66 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for the reply! The first Aten KVM is the model I currently have, however it doesn't have a separate 5v PSU for the KVM, so the KVM is powered by the PS4/PC which I was trying to avoid. If I used the USB switch from the diagram, which appears to work in a similar way to yours, would there be any performance decrease to using the one output to the Xim 4? I've always wondered this, like if both mouse and kbd are sending a signal at the same time would it cause a slight delay?

If I used my powered USB hub in the setup I'm presuming I would connect a single output from the switch to the hub, then hub to Xim 4 in the mouse input port.

Mouse+kbd > Switch > Hub > Xim 4
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Tue May 02, 2017 1:41 am

There's no performance degradation. M/kb utilises a fraction of the USB 2.0 bandwidth. It's functionally the same as plugging m/kb into a USB hub, and hubs are supported by Xim. The difference is a switch allows you to swap m/kb between Xim and PC.

The only thing that won't work on a Xim when connected to a USB hub is the controller, that must be plugged into a Xim4 port for the authentication protocol to work. Note that you can plug the console controller into any Xim port - I have the switch in Port 1 and controller in Port 2.

If you do get the US424 (or GUS404), there should be no need for the powered hub as there's a 5V USB port on the front of the switch.

If you want to try a powered hub in your current setup, do it this way -
m/kb > powered hub > switch > Xim4 > Titan One > console

That's overkill though, this'll do the same thing -
m/kb > powered switch > Xim4 > Titan One > console
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ManOnMission » Wed May 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Im having some issues connecting both xim4 and T1 to my ps4.If I'm not mistaken I was under the impression since logitech isnt power hungry I can directly connect to the ps4?

my current setup

PS4----T1--Xim4---M+k ( g13+ g303)

XIm4 FW 4.00.20170103
T1 FW 2.45

I see all the lights turned on for the xim , controller, g13 and mouse.
Im getting a A or U sign on the T1. Could someone be able to assist me?
ManOnMission
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Wed May 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Have you made sure to authenticate to the PS4 using a DS4 before putting in the XIM4? It is trying to authenticate with the PS4 which is why it is flashing A / U. Once you have authenticated you then would unplug the DS4 and replace it with the XIM4 setup as you described. Let us know if that takes care of the issue for you.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby antithesis » Wed May 03, 2017 11:46 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:Have you made sure to authenticate to the PS4 using a DS4 before putting in the XIM4? It is trying to authenticate with the PS4 which is why it is flashing A / U. Once you have authenticated you then would unplug the DS4 and replace it with the XIM4 setup as you described. Let us know if that takes care of the issue for you.

That shouldn't be necessary (DS4 into T1, unplug, plug into Xim), just make sure the DS4 is also plugged into the Xim4 for the authentication pings.

So the setup would look like -

m/kb & DS4 > Xim4 > T1 > PS4

Boot the PS4 up using the power button on the console, NOT the power button on the DS4. Otherwise the Xim and T1 are bypassed while the DS4 connects direct to PS4 over BlueTooth.

Make sure the DS4 is fully charged when connecting to Xim4, and the USB cable between the DS4 and Xim4 is good quality & capable of passing both data & power. Most Xim4 issues are resolved by using a different USB cable.

Logitech mice aren't power-hungry, but the G13 might chew more power than the console can supply. A powered USB 2.0 hub can solve that, if it proves to be the problem. In that case, m/kb into hub, hub into Xim, DS4 into Xim, Xim into T1.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ManOnMission » Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 pm

antithesis wrote:
The_Rabid_Taco wrote:Have you made sure to authenticate to the PS4 using a DS4 before putting in the XIM4? It is trying to authenticate with the PS4 which is why it is flashing A / U. Once you have authenticated you then would unplug the DS4 and replace it with the XIM4 setup as you described. Let us know if that takes care of the issue for you.

That shouldn't be necessary (DS4 into T1, unplug, plug into Xim), just make sure the DS4 is also plugged into the Xim4 for the authentication pings.

So the setup would look like -

m/kb & DS4 > Xim4 > T1 > PS4

Boot the PS4 up using the power button on the console, NOT the power button on the DS4. Otherwise the Xim and T1 are bypassed while the DS4 connects direct to PS4 over BlueTooth.

Make sure the DS4 is fully charged when connecting to Xim4, and the USB cable between the DS4 and Xim4 is good quality & capable of passing both data & power. Most Xim4 issues are resolved by using a different USB cable.

Logitech mice aren't power-hungry, but the G13 might chew more power than the console can supply. A powered USB 2.0 hub can solve that, if it proves to be the problem. In that case, m/kb into hub, hub into Xim, DS4 into Xim, Xim into T1.

I've tried booting it by using the power button , same issue. Ill have to purchase a 2.0 hub since my 3.0 hub wont work. Ive been looking all over for the roccot apuri but its sold out almost everywhere ( amazon , ebay and bestbuy). Only place I can seem to find it is in newegg :/

Really need something to help reduce that cable drag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENHANCE-Mouse-B ... Sw~y9ZCn7C

Would this work for the T1 and is it as good as the roccat version?
ManOnMission
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Thu May 04, 2017 3:29 pm

I honestly have no idea on that, but my god now I want one for my work setup. LOL Wife's going to kill me if I keep finding new toys on here.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices