Xim4+T1 first steps and best firmwares

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Xim4+T1 first steps and best firmwares

Postby Nettitan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Hello everyone I'm new to T1, but i was always using Xim4. I see a lot of methods and guides on this forum and some of them are not the same.My T1 will arrive soon and i wanted to setup everything perfectly.

I will have:

- xim4
- T1
- Logitec g502 (working perfectly with xim)
- standard keyboard (working perfectly with xim)
- ps4
- usb hub 2.0
- premium cables
- ps4 standard controller

I would like to know which firmwares are the best for xim+t1 and what is the initial procedures.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my bad ENGLISH.
Nettitan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Xim4+T1 first steps and best firmwares

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Welcome to our forums! :)

For the firmware, use the latest on both devices.

Normally by just connecting the Titan One on PS4 and XIM4 on Titan One it works. In some cases, depending on all devices you have connected on XIM4, it may be needed a powered usb hub.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Nettitan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 am

Thank you very much for the answer! I have mouse+keyboard+ps4 controller, all 3 are connected to xim and xim will be connected to T1. I'm sorry but I'm really noob, I should use the usb hub in case i have some additional equipment or it's related to the power? Or just because all of my usb port on ps4 are busy and I need an additional usb?
Nettitan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby antithesis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 am

If you experience power-related issues on Xim4, that's the primary reason to use a USB hub. Symptoms include getting stuck in one direction, or circling around looking at the sky or ground, yellow & red blinking LED on the Xim, kb keys not responding and needing to replug the Xim every 10 or so minutes.

Alternately, you can use a USB hub to add more devices to the Xim4 + T1 setup, such as a keyboard, mouse and foot pedals.

In both cases, the setup is mouse & keyboard into the USB hub. Plug the USB hub into the Xim4. Controller remains attached to the Xim.

Leave the Xim on its own console USB port and avoid connecting it to a USB hub or you may experience problems.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices