Pink rapid flashing lights Xim4

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: Pink rapid flashing lights Xim4

Postby monty34 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:
How is your Xim4 being powered? A Usb Hub correct? For the best results, Only connect your mouse directly to the Xim4, and all other devices, controller, keyboard, etc.. should be connected to the usb hub.

I´ve tested it now with USB hub.

Test setup:

Xim4 with mouse at Input 1, Input 2 empty, usb hub in input 3 as mentioned by you. XB1 controller connected to the powered USB hub.

Xim4 connected at Input B to the T2. T2 has a seperate power supply.

G13 directly connected to the T2 at Input A.

Result: Still purple lights and disconnects. No differences with a powered USB Hub in the loop.

I´m still convinced it is not a power issue. I´m open for other possibilities.
monty34
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm

monty34 wrote:
Sillyasskid wrote:
How is your Xim4 being powered? A Usb Hub correct? For the best results, Only connect your mouse directly to the Xim4, and all other devices, controller, keyboard, etc.. should be connected to the usb hub.

I´ve tested it now with USB hub.

Test setup:

Xim4 with mouse at Input 1, Input 2 empty, usb hub in input 3 as mentioned by you. XB1 controller connected to the powered USB hub.

Xim4 connected at Input B to the T2. T2 has a seperate power supply.

G13 directly connected to the T2 at Input A.

Result: Still purple lights and disconnects. No differences with a powered USB Hub in the loop.

I´m still convinced it is not a power issue. I´m open for other possibilities.
Have you tried using different Xbox one controller ?

You can also try plugging the g13 into the Prog port using a a OTG adapter. Just make sure you force the program ports interface to full speed beforehand in gtuner.

Other than that
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I cant think of anything else.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby antithesis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am

Just a note - it makes no difference which USB port you use on a Xim. I bang the USB switch or hub into Port 1, controller in Port 2 and leave Port 3 empty.

Nor does it make any difference whether the mouse is connected to Xim or the USB hub, Xim will detect it just fine (I run 4 mice concurrently for testing).

What USB cables are you using? I use Anker USB cables and they're excellent. I own but have yet to try the T2 cables. Cables are the first troubleshooting step for Xim issues - though I doubt it's a factor here, it's something to test.

Pink lights are indicative of a USB timing mismatch rather than a power issue. All I can suggest there is to try different settings that manipulate the USB timing. For example, try a PS4 config on the Xim4, test the different Output Protocol settings in Gtuner and different mouse polling rates.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sillyasskid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

antithesis wrote:Just a note - it makes no difference which USB port you use on a Xim. I bang the USB switch or hub into Port 1, controller in Port 2 and leave Port 3 empty.
Thanks for your input, To avoid any additional issues with the Xim4. I had recommended the Mouse stayed connected to port Port 1, as this is the preferred port.

And I had recommended the usb hub connected to Port 3. As this is the preferred port for the controller, and since the controller and keyboard are often the 2 highest power hungry devices in the Xim4 setup. Its only reasonable to have these devices behind the hub.

If your using you mouse behind the USB hub. Make sure that your mouses polling rate is set higher than 125hz. As the hub is adding a minimum of 1ms latency(regardless if its powered.)
If the mouses polling rate is at 125hz, and is behind the hub, the Xim4 would be getting the mouse inputs every 9ms, yet the Xim4 is sending controller inputs to the console at 8ms and 4ms, to the Xbox and PS4 respectably.

antithesis wrote:Pink lights are indicative of a USB timing mismatch rather than a power issue. All I can suggest there is to try different settings that manipulate the USB timing. For example, try a PS4 config on the Xim4, test the different Output Protocol settings in Gtuner and different mouse polling rates.

Using a Ps4 config on the Xim4 does not change the polling speed This is determined by the authenticated controller.

The G13 is the device that hes having issues with, not the mouse. So Adjusting the polling rate should not do anything
Unless the purple lights are appearing with mouse movements. I forgot to even ask about that.

Monty when the lights appear, are they consistent with keyboard, or mouse activation?
or is it random?

Also when you do get disconnects, does the Xim4 only flash purple? or does it flash yellow?
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby monty34 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi, i did some test in the last days. I can´t say that the purple lights caused by Keyboard or mouse activation, for me its more linked to the time where both are connected to the T2. As example, i can do what i want in the first 30-60sec with the mouse and keyboard, but after a slightly longer time the purple lights start to flash. First only one purple flash, then after some small delay permanent purple lights. It seems that the Xim4 lost his sync status with the T2/XB.
monty34
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Sillyasskid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm

But if there was a sync issue, You would not be getting purple lights, you should be getting yellow lights, same goes for when the xim4 actually disconnects from the t2. It should be flashing yellow. I'm not sure why your xim4 is only flashing purple.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby b00st_g0d » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 pm

my issue was resolved by reflashing, reformatting and removing bonefisher and uk wildcats scripts. I haven't had a PINK flash yet.

now the T2 is just randomly disconnecting.
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby b00st_g0d » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:you should really start to preview your own post before you hit submit and take the time to actually read through what you have wrote. Instead of posting a useless search link to the Xim4 site?, and insisting I'm wrong, and haven't read anything you wrote, be more assistful with your requests.

I clearly read your first sentence, I was not just reiterating it. I was adding to it, providing you with more insight on how the Xim4 handles these errors.

I can tell you right now the color your are seeing is identical to this color below.
Set up your Xim4 to display this color in the manager, and take a look at your xim4.
pink lights.png

The only other purple color the Xim4 can display is this one below.
pink lights2.png

If you are claiming that you have actually had your Xim4 flash a different color purple before then this is the light you saw.
So maybe you should be more concerned about this light instead, as you claim there actually is a code for this light.

You are clearly arguing semantics. It amazes me how you keep coming back to this thread to hall monitor my form of questions or statements. Get a life dude. We aren't all from the same country,region, or in your case sexual orientation. If you have answers that are non-argumentative, fine. Post away. But you have argued about my grammar and disregarded others mistakes so I am taking this is some sort of personal BS for you. The lights are clearly displaying as pink. Pink/Purple who gives a rats fuck!? The problem, for me, is coming to forums and asking questions and getting into a debate on the color of the fucking lights or how I form sentences and questions. Like I said princess hall monitor get a fucking life. Pathetic.
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 am

b00stg0d wrote:my issue was resolved by reflashing, reformatting and removing bonefisher and uk wildcats scripts. I haven't had a PINK flash yet.

I don't think the pink lights are related to the scripts, but worth testing nonetheless. Do get still get issues when the T2 displays "0"?

To bring us up to speed with your issue, what components have you got in your current setup?

I know it's a complex setup, as is mine. I can try to replicate it, with the exception of a T2-connected power supply.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby b00st_g0d » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 pm

antithesis wrote:
b00stg0d wrote:my issue was resolved by reflashing, reformatting and removing bonefisher and uk wildcats scripts. I haven't had a PINK flash yet.

I don't think the pink lights are related to the scripts, but worth testing nonetheless. Do get still get issues when the T2 displays "0"?

To bring us up to speed with your issue, what components have you got in your current setup?

I know it's a complex setup, as is mine. I can try to replicate it, with the exception of a T2-connected power supply.

This has been verified by J2Kbr via pm, at least on what I am seeing as pink/purple lights. In my case, I am a simple user. Only requiring slight anti recoil, drop shot on hip, and scoreboard momentary. I have a custom script provided with those 3 things from J2Kbr and bonefisher. Only bonefishers script flashes purple after a specific amount of time used. Once it causes the pink/purple lights flashing the only thing that will disrupt the purple lights, even if I switch to a different script that has never caused them, is to reset the Xim4. J2Kbr said it had something to do with "using loops to force delays." Whenever this pink/purple light occurs I notice a strong inconsistency form that point until the Xim4 is reset. It is in bonefishers and UK wildcats scripts.

I may appear stupid because someone so eloquently pointed out in a shaming fashion that I do not put my sentences, or questions rather, together to their liking but I am not all that stupid. The fact that I found it on my own asked J2Kbr and he validated it is all I needed to know. I noticed it during my own testing and have resolved it by removing anything they have provided and haven't had a pink/purple light since. Also this could have something to do with the polling rates being changed as well in one of the updates. We may have had 2 reasons for the lights and it was all pointed towards one variable. At any rate, I am not here to point fingers or blame. It's something that can very easily be fixed as long as we are all aware of WHAT could be causing issues. Then we can all work together to fix them. I'd rather spend my time finding a resolution than picking on someones grammar or dictation ;-) I know for a fact you feel the same.
Cheers!
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices