Anyone having issues with Xim + T1 with Xbox One X ?

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Anyone having issues with Xim + T1 with Xbox One X ?

Postby kryptik66 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 pm

I am having problems when trying to use the my Xbox One X with Xim 4 and Titan One, when trying different methods the T1 is just constantly displaying AU. I unplugged from the wall and did a cold boot with all connected, still the same issue. I tried all XB1 USB ports, I am just getting AU flashing on the T1,the X1 controller vibrates to say it has been detected but the Xbox logo does not light up to say it's authenticated with the XB1.

The Xim works fine on it's own with the controller/mouse/kbd connected to the Xim. The controller works on it's own straight into the Xbox, and the controller to the T1 works when used without the Xim. The controller micro USB cable must be okay as must the Xim to T1 micro USB cable as they both work when each device is tested individually until the T1 is used with the Xim. Again all worked fine on PS4, I even just connected up my PS4 again to test it and all works fine. Gtuner settings have been restored to factory defaults and the output protocol is set to automatic, I have also tried Xbox One protocol. I have tried disabling all in frame in/out settings and had the same issue. The only other change I have made since changing from PS4 is the T1 firmware, I updated it to Ver 3.60, however because I didn't have an Xbox before I did the update I can't verify if that caused the issue or not.

Has anyone got any experience with Xim+T1 with the Xbox One X with the latest versions of Xim 4 and T1 firmware? as I imagine it could be an Xbox One X compatibility issue either with the console or controller when using Xim+T1.

I have tried the below methods

1) Turn on XB1.
2) Connect T1 to XB1.
3) Plug XB1 controller into T1.
4) Authenticate with XB1 controller. T1 will report 0.
5) Unplug XB1 controller from T1, plug controller into Xim4.
6) Plug Xim4 into XB1 - T1 will report AU, before changing to 0.

This gets AU from connecting whilst powered off right up until the XB1 is fully booted up and continues to flash AU slowly

1) Connect the Titan One on Xbox One;
2) Authenticate the Titan One with the console using a Xbox One controller with the cable;
3) Remove the Xbox One controller from the Titan One;
4) Connect a PS3 or a wired Xbox 360 or a PS4 controller on XIM4 back USB port;
5) Connect XIM4 on the Titan One.

This authenticated the XB1 controller when connected to the T1 however when I connected an Xbox 360 controller to the Xim and Xim to T1 it flashes AU but more rapidly than usual.

Thanks in advance if anyone could help.
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Anyone having issues with Xim + T1 with Xbox One X ?

Postby antithesis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 am

Turn OFF the XB1. Don't use sleep mode, it needs to be shut down completely.
Plug your full Xim setup into T1.
T1 into XB1.
Turn ON XB1 using the console power button.
T1 should authenticate the Xim and off you go.

Note that Speed Up settings should be disabled, as should Cross Console something or other on the next Gtuner tab (I'm not at home and don't have access to my gear) when pairing a T1 with a Xim to avoid USB sync problems (purple lights).

If you continue to have AU problems, try removing the XB1 controller battery to reduce power drain and change the USB cable from the controller to the Xim, in case it's not the best quality cable. Anker brand USB cables and Titan Connection Kits are highly recommended.

There's also a chance that the T1 when paired with Xim4 requires a touch more power than the console can supply to your m/kb/controller, in which case a powered USB 2.0 hub can help. M/kb into USB hub, hub into Xim4. Alternately, connect the T1 PROG port to a PC (or a USB wall charger) to add more juice to the loop at the T1.

Now that being said, you can hot-swap a Titan + Xim on a booted XB1 by using a USB switch such as an IOGear GUS402 or GUS404. When you're sitting at the blinking AU, toggle the USB switch until you get back to the XB1 and it should authenticate.

A USB switch is my solution and it works flawlessly. T1 plugs into the USB switch, the switch outputs to 360, PS3, PS4 and XB1. To use a different console, I simply swap the controller and toggle the switch to that console. There is zero need to go through a complicated authentication routine, it's just plug-and-play. The GUS404 has a 5V USB port on the front that I connect to a wall wart - I use this rather than a USB hub.

There are tonnes of solutions to this problem, just work through the list and you'll find what works for you :)
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kryptik66 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi Antithesis,

Thanks for the suggestions,

I have the Xbox in 'energy saving' mode which is supposed to fully power down the XB1 on shutdown as opposed to the 'instant off' mode which goes into standby. Either way I unplugged the XB1, connected up as suggested with both mouse and keyboard plugged into a powered USB 2.0 hub and reconnected the power cable to the XB1, pressed the power on button and unfortunately the same thing happened.

The XB1 controller has never had a battery in, all speed up settings disabled, the enable partial PS4 crossover support is also disabled. I don't think it's a power issue as the same thing happens when there is no keyboard or mouse connected to the Xim. I figured the cables must be okay as I used them for the Xim setup, however I have swapped out both controller and Xim to T1 micro USB cables as a test with ones used for my PS4 controllers and the setup still seems to not authenticate. I don't think there is any issue with the setup as the same setup definitely works on PS4 still, that was the first thing I tested when I got the AU message on the T1. The Xim isn't getting purple lights, the T1 just never passes the AU stage. I want to purchase the T2 soon, I'm just a bit worried about it not working if I can't get the T1 to work with the XB1 X.

I imagine lot's of people have the original XB1 working with the T1 and Xim 4, however I was just wondering how many of those with T1 and Xim 4 are using the Xbox One X as it's not been out that long. I'm not too sure if the controller is any different as I never owned the original XB1, but I know it's supposed to be the same controller as the XB1 S. Both the Xim setup and the T1 setup work individually it's just when they are connected to each other that the controller doesn't authenticate. There is a dot to the top left and also to the bottom right of AU if this means anything.
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby kryptik66 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 am

Okay, just an update, so I had some spare time and I tried authenticating the T1 with a straight connection from an Xbox One controller which worked as expected, then connected a PS4 controller into the Xim, removed the Xbox controller from T1, re-connected Xim > T1 using the recommended steps, still didn't work. I tried a brand new Anker micro USB cable to connect the Xim to the Titan One, that didn't help.

I currently use a powered USB 2.0 hub for my keyboard to provide a bit more power to the setup, what I found is that if I take the USB hub out of the equation and just plug the keyboard directly into the Xim, the T1 authenticates and the mouse/keyboard/controller get power and the T1 authenticates successfully. For some reason when the hub is connected to the Xim, even though it's just the keyboard which is connected to it, then I get an AU status message. Even though the complete setup works fine on PS4, and Xim only also works on Xbox One. Weird, so everything Authenticates without the hub however I am getting purple lights, with all speed up settings disabled, so it's probably due to the lack of power without using the hub. I am probably going to have to purchase the T2, with a power supply to add some power to the setup to get this to work correctly unless I buy a different powered hub as a test.
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 am

Sorry mate, I was away on holidays when you posted on Jan 16.

Have you tried Xim4 into T1, T1 into USB hub, USB hub into XB1X?

What I do to avoid the AU issues on XB1 is Xim > T2 or T1 > IOGear GUS404 > PS4 / XB1.

The IOGear USB switch has a 5V USB port on the front that can run to a spare phone charger on the wall. Notably, you can have the XB1 booted and simply use the USB switch to toggle away from and then back to it and the Xim/Titan setup will AU. It's annoying to have to fully shut down the XB1 and this solution works to bypass that problem.

A GUS402 will work just as well. IOGear is rebranded as Aten in Europe and Australia, so search for "Aten USB switch" that if you can't find it locally. Note that I don't have and won't buy a power supply for the T2, it's not needed in this setup.

As for the purple lights, I think that may be unrelated to the power as it's a USB sync issue. Set the output protocol on T1 to the correct console and see if it resolves. It might just be an XB1X problem, so best to check with J2K as he mentioned XBox purple light issues at some point in time.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby kryptik66 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 pm

antithesis wrote:Sorry mate, I was away on holidays when you posted on Jan 16.

Have you tried Xim4 into T1, T1 into USB hub, USB hub into XB1X?

What I do to avoid the AU issues on XB1 is Xim > T2 or T1 > IOGear GUS404 > PS4 / XB1.

The IOGear USB switch has a 5V USB port on the front that can run to a spare phone charger on the wall. Notably, you can have the XB1 booted and simply use the USB switch to toggle away from and then back to it and the Xim/Titan setup will AU. It's annoying to have to fully shut down the XB1 and this solution works to bypass that problem.

A GUS402 will work just as well. IOGear is rebranded as Aten in Europe and Australia, so search for "Aten USB switch" that if you can't find it locally. Note that I don't have and won't buy a power supply for the T2, it's not needed in this setup.

As for the purple lights, I think that may be unrelated to the power as it's a USB sync issue. Set the output protocol on T1 to the correct console and see if it resolves. It might just be an XB1X problem, so best to check with J2K as he mentioned XBox purple light issues at some point in time.

Okay I changed protocol from Automatic to Xbox One, I just tested the powered hub connected to the Xbox One X, the Titan One on the hub, and XIM4 with K&M on the Titan One. It does work, I'm getting purple lights, it does seem to happen less often, however it's still happening, usually on mouse movement.
kryptik66
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices