Titan 1 + Xim Apex + xbox one x help

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan 1 + Xim Apex + xbox one x help

Postby kiet510 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered before, I tried searching but too many words containing apex. I'm coming from a ps4 pro + t1, everything was so easy to setup. Pretty much plug and play. On the other hand, I receive my Xim Apex yesterday, I tried plugging:

1) T1 to Xbox USB
2) Plug in mouse/keyboard/Xbox controller into Apex hub.
3) Plug Xim Apex into T1 usb.

Everything should work, but I get a flashing A/U. I read online somewhere that I need to go to do the following..

1) While everything is connected to console , plug in the side plug to connect the t1 to computer
2) Open Gtuner, and go to tools > device > change output to "Automatic" press close window (It still flashes A/U)
3) What did seem to temporary work was, tools> devices > change to "PS4 or Xbox360" then close (t1 then shows "0", so i'm like ok, I'm getting somewhere. Xbox controller, m/k doesnt work yet, even though shows "0" and not "AU".
4) So after that I go back into tools > device . After getting it to show 0 on t1, i change it to "automatic or xbox one" and this seem to solve the problem, my xbox controller light "X" would flash and screen woud say like connect, this works, I got M/K controller movement.

The problem continues, I tried to load the bo4 gamepack, make changes and program to my t1. Now everything back to step one, It flashes A/U.. even though I had already set the tools > device to automatic, where earlier it was working.. I have to unplug everything, plug back in and go through all steps of changing to "ps4 or xbox 360 first to get the "0" then change to "automatic or xbox one" in order to get it to work. Seems like so many steps and repetitive after every single change to gamepack slot 1.

So I found the perfect setting for my gamepack bo4, I'm like fine, if i gotta do all that atleast this is the last time I'm done programming, I unplug the side cord to disconnect the t1, and want to just use it regularly.. except, this time I was curious, I just unplug t1 from xim apex and plug it back in.. Now I'm back to A/U flashing.. please don't tell me I have to connect my t1 to gtuner everytime and go through the same tools> device steps every single time? Please help, am I doing something wrong? :cry:
kiet510
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Titan 1 + Xim Apex + xbox one x help

Postby antithesis » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 pm

This is an XB1 issue, not a T1 one. It doesn't happen on PS4, 360 or PS3.

The problem is XB1 doesn't fully clear the USB port authentication handshake unless booting up cold. The best thing to do is to leave your Xim Apex connected to T1, T1 connected to XB1. Make sure the console is turned off completely, not in stand-by mode. We need to ensure the XB1 USB ports are receiving no power at all, so ensure they're not enabled either.Leave T1 Protocol on Automatic. Start your XB1 up via the console power button, not via a controller. You should now bypass the AU screen every time.

For configuring Gamepacks on-the-fly, connect T1 to PC via the PROG port. Make your changes in Gtuner Pro, save to T1 and you should be ok, but you will get the AU prompt again if the T1 needs to reboot. I write my own scripts, so I use Compile & Run in Gtuner rather than copying scripts to the T1 all the time for minor changes. This means no T1 reboot, so no console reboot.

I've solved the XB1 reboot issue by connecting my T1 to a USB switch (in my case an IOGear GUS402, or Aten US224), then toggling away from and back to XB1 whenever I need to reboot a Titan. For whatever reason, this does clear the USB port handshake on the XB1, so I don't need to reboot the console.

It is annoying, but again, this is an XB1 issue with its USB ports.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Titan 1 + Xim Apex + xbox one x help

Postby kiet510 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 pm

I notice sometimes when I shut down the xbox one (holding down X button), the xim lights and my keyboard and mouse rbg lights stay on, even though I shut it off.. kinda weird.

Quick question about putting the t1 protocol on Automatic, when I go to set that.. does the t1 need to be connected to the controller seperately to do this? or can I have the whole apex, t1, k/m , controller all plugged into the console and use the side plug to connect t1 to computer? what is the correct way to set it to automatic? Also once I close the window is it just automatically saved when setting the protocol to automatic?

I have a extra usb hub at home, so I would just connect my whole setup, t1 > xim apex > k/m > x box controller all into one of the usb slots on the hub and plug that hub directly into the xbox? And just boot it up pressing button on console and I should be good from here on out?

Thanks!
kiet510
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices