Optimal Titan 2 Settings for Xim Apex

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Optimal Titan 2 Settings for Xim Apex

Postby BlessUp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Really appreciate anyone with the knowledge if you can take the time to answer these questions. Your work is much appreciated.

Under Titan 2 Device Configuration When using with Xim Apex polling at 1000hz what is the optimal settings to help lower latency and or device strain?

1.) Output Protocol - Does choosing actual device vs leaving automatic make a difference.

2.) Output Polling Rate - Does setting to 1000hz (1ms) create the lowest latency vs Protocols Default?

2A.) If using Protocols Default is it syncing with apex polling speed request or PS4/Xbox?

2B.) If forcing the 1ms does this put extra strain on the xim, Titan, Or console causing any type of hiccups, lurches, lowered fps, or is there any other pros/cons that are known ect...

3.) If forcing 1000hz - 1ms from console does this add extra risk to the possibility of game or console detecting and or disabling the device.

4.) What do the check boxes under Allow FBB on Ports due and what is needed when using with Xbox One X, with Apex and PC for switching configs.

5.) Device options - Pros/Cons of forcing USB Prog Interface to full speed 12Mbps. I want to say when I activated this I could feel something change between the fluidity of mouse movements when using with xim I didnt spend a ton of time with it but felt as though the device had added latency or pixel skipping almost as though it put to much strain on the device configuration which is titan 2 to xbox, xim apex into input A with all peripherals attached to it, and program cable connected to PC.

6.) Is there any other optimizations, configs, code, launch commands, ect... that can be utilized to make sure this combination is running at maximum performance? I come from Titan 1 where it has a few options like Infram out/in and 1ms response ect....
BlessUp
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Optimal Titan 2 Settings for Xim Apex

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am

BlessUp wrote:1.) Output Protocol - Does choosing actual device vs leaving automatic make a difference.

Configuring the correct output protocol will make the initial connection few milliseconds faster than using on automatic. This setting does not have any effect on the latency.

BlessUp wrote:2.) Output Polling Rate - Does setting to 1000hz (1ms) create the lowest latency vs Protocols Default?

Correct, for lowest latency configure the output polling rate to 1000Hz.

BlessUp wrote:2A.) If using Protocols Default is it syncing with apex polling speed request or PS4/Xbox?

With the console.

BlessUp wrote:2B.) If forcing the 1ms does this put extra strain on the xim, Titan, Or console causing any type of hiccups, lurches, lowered fps, or is there any other pros/cons that are known ect...

No issue is caused when using 1000Hz, there are only benefits on doing that.

BlessUp wrote:3.) If forcing 1000hz - 1ms from console does this add extra risk to the possibility of game or console detecting and or disabling the device.

Yes, the console can use this to check if the plugged controller is official or any other device. So far we don't have any notice Sony or MS are doing that.

BlessUp wrote:4.) What do the check boxes under Allow FBB on Ports due and what is needed when using with Xbox One X, with Apex and PC for switching configs.

Those are to disable rumble on controllers. For example, when using a controller specifically for console authentication is desired disable the rumble on that controller.

BlessUp wrote:5.) Device options - Pros/Cons of forcing USB Prog Interface to full speed 12Mbps.

Some users have very long cable connecting the Titan Two to computer, in this case the regular 480Mbps connection may not work properly, this option forces the device to communicate with Gtuner at 12Mbps instead. This configuration shouldn't have any effect the other operations of the Titan Two.

BlessUp wrote:6.) Is there any other optimizations, configs, code, launch commands, ect... that can be utilized to make sure this combination is running at maximum performance? I come from Titan 1 where it has a few options like Infram out/in and 1ms response ect....

The inframe options available on Titan One are not needed on the Titan Two as it is natively a high speed USB device. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby BlessUp » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:08 am

Thank you for taking the time to answer this.
BlessUp
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Lev33 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:09 pm

So, when using the Xim Apex with Titan 2, the Output Polling Rate should exactly match the Xim Response Rate in Global Settings?
Lev33
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12 am

Lev33 wrote:So, when using the Xim Apex with Titan 2, the Output Polling Rate should exactly match the Xim Response Rate in Global Settings?

For the best performance this is correct.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bb4life1990 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:35 pm

I thought output should always be 1000hz an input needed to match what the apex was at? Not to mention protocols default ive noticed seems to almost let the choice be up to the xim apex for example. When i put it to protocol default for input i cam set xim apex to any polling the the xim apex is fine. But say i put the xim apex to 500hz input an the titan 2 to 1000hz input then the xim apex if you move mouse flashes purple(indicating timing errors)
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 am

bb4life1990 wrote:I thought output should always be 1000hz an input needed to match what the apex was at? Not to mention protocols default ive noticed seems to almost let the choice be up to the xim apex for example. When i put it to protocol default for input i cam set xim apex to any polling the the xim apex is fine. But say i put the xim apex to 500hz input an the titan 2 to 1000hz input then the xim apex if you move mouse flashes purple(indicating timing errors)

As it should. You're trying to double the 500Hz input received from XIM APEX by setting T2 output to 1000Hz. T2 can't magically fill in the gaps between 500Hz polls, hence the timing errors.

You should always match Titan Two Input Polling and Output Polling to XIM APEX Response Rate. Or leave it on Protocol Default, which will detect the correct polling from XIM APEX and set Input / Output to match.

Personally, I'd set everything to 500Hz for less risk of mouse jitter, chat audio, frame skipping etc problems vs 1000Hz.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TerrorizeThe704 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 am

500hz off sync on console. 1000hz deafault on PC. Match input and output with polling rate of xim, there’s also a option to change dpi in the T2 config match it to your mouse dpi for optimum performance.
TerrorizeThe704
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Lev33 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
BlessUp wrote:1.) Output Protocol - Does choosing actual device vs leaving automatic make a difference.

Configuring the correct output protocol will make the initial connection few milliseconds faster than using on automatic. This setting does not have any effect on the latency.

BlessUp wrote:2.) Output Polling Rate - Does setting to 1000hz (1ms) create the lowest latency vs Protocols Default?

Correct, for lowest latency configure the output polling rate to 1000Hz.

BlessUp wrote:2A.) If using Protocols Default is it syncing with apex polling speed request or PS4/Xbox?

With the console.

BlessUp wrote:2B.) If forcing the 1ms does this put extra strain on the xim, Titan, Or console causing any type of hiccups, lurches, lowered fps, or is there any other pros/cons that are known ect...

No issue is caused when using 1000Hz, there are only benefits on doing that.

BlessUp wrote:3.) If forcing 1000hz - 1ms from console does this add extra risk to the possibility of game or console detecting and or disabling the device.

Yes, the console can use this to check if the plugged controller is official or any other device. So far we don't have any notice Sony or MS are doing that.

BlessUp wrote:4.) What do the check boxes under Allow FBB on Ports due and what is needed when using with Xbox One X, with Apex and PC for switching configs.

Those are to disable rumble on controllers. For example, when using a controller specifically for console authentication is desired disable the rumble on that controller.

BlessUp wrote:5.) Device options - Pros/Cons of forcing USB Prog Interface to full speed 12Mbps.

Some users have very long cable connecting the Titan Two to computer, in this case the regular 480Mbps connection may not work properly, this option forces the device to communicate with Gtuner at 12Mbps instead. This configuration shouldn't have any effect the other operations of the Titan Two.

BlessUp wrote:6.) Is there any other optimizations, configs, code, launch commands, ect... that can be utilized to make sure this combination is running at maximum performance? I come from Titan 1 where it has a few options like Infram out/in and 1ms response ect....

The inframe options available on Titan One are not needed on the Titan Two as it is natively a high speed USB device. :smile0517:

Is it ok to make mouse polling rate higher than Xim and Titan 2 or will that have negative effects?
For example, making my mouse polling rate 1,000, but XIM Apex response rate 250hz and Titan 2 Output and Input 250hz?

@J2Kbr
Last edited by Lev33 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lev33
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Lev33 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 pm

Also, is it true that Xim Apex and Titan 2 work best at 250hz?
Lev33
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices