Xim 4 + Titan one Issues

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Xim 4 + Titan one Issues

Postby Fragsnipa » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi im not sure if this was brought up before but I want t o talk about switching profiles. I think there is a problem with the titan one when the xim 4 is connected to it when switching profiles. I have a xbone; When I switch profiles using the xbox 360 controller that is connected the xim 4 which is connected to the titan one sometimes it just froze. I cant switch profiles anymore, making me have to reauthenticate the titan one all over again.
Console= Xbone
Games = BF4, MCC, H5, BO3, Gears of War UE, Destiny, Gears of War 4, COD 4 Remaste, BF1.
Fragsnipa
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Xim 4 + Titan one Issues

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:53 am

By switch profiles you mean the memory slot of the Titan One, correct?
If so, using the button on the Titan One to switch the profiles, the same problem happens?

To check which device got frozen (Titan One or XIM4), unplug XIM4 and connect a controller directly on the Titan One to see if you can operate on the console. If yes that means XIM4 is the device freezing.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fragsnipa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:50 am

J2Kbr wrote:By switch profiles you mean the memory slot of the Titan One, correct?
If so, using the button on the Titan One to switch the profiles, the same problem happens?

To check which device got frozen (Titan One or XIM4), unplug XIM4 and connect a controller directly on the Titan One to see if you can operate on the console. If yes that means XIM4 is the device freezing.

OK here is my results.

Test 1. Xbox 360 + Titan one + Xbone = 0 issues I have switch between profiles using the back + guide. Pressing it very rapidly no freezes

Test 2 Xbox 360 + xim 4 + titan one + Xbone = issues. Did the same thing in test 1 but the titan one got locked up when I switch profiles especially when i do it fast.

So yeah the Xim 4 is the culprit of causing the titan one to locked up.
Console= Xbone
Games = BF4, MCC, H5, BO3, Gears of War UE, Destiny, Gears of War 4, COD 4 Remaste, BF1.
Fragsnipa

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for detailed information. To reproduce the issue:

1) connect the Titan One on Xbox One (authenticating it).
2) connect a Xbox 360 controller on XIM4.
3) connect XIM4 on Titan One.
4) Press back+guide quickly.

I'll try that and check if there is something I can do to prevent this issue.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fragsnipa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey J2kbr Are you able to reproduce the same problems. I am going to do another test. The 360 controllers I have been using with the xim 4 are third parties 360 controllers. I order an official MS 360 controller and going to test it out and see if the same problems exist when using a official MS controller,
Console= Xbone
Fragsnipa

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Fragsnipa wrote:Hey J2kbr Are you able to reproduce the same problems. I am going to do another test. The 360 controllers I have been using with the xim 4 are third parties 360 controllers. I order an official MS 360 controller and going to test it out and see if the same problems exist when using a official MS controller,

That will be great!! Please keep me updated.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fragsnipa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:02 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Fragsnipa wrote:Hey J2kbr Are you able to reproduce the same problems. I am going to do another test. The 360 controllers I have been using with the xim 4 are third parties 360 controllers. I order an official MS 360 controller and going to test it out and see if the same problems exist when using a official MS controller,

That will be great!! Please keep me updated.

Hi J2kbr on my final test. I have concluded that its not the XIM 4 that is causing the titan one to lock up but its the third party Xbox 360 controllers are causing the titan one to lock up. Right now i have tested the official MS 360 controller with xim 4 connected to the titan one. Rapidly pressing the back and guide to switch profiles like 50 times. And not once the titan one got lock up. Switch the official MS 360 controller with a third party 360 controller and the titan one lock up.

So for any user like myself that use titan one + xim 4. DO NOT USE a third party 360 controller. You must use a official MS 360 controller to prevent the titan one from locking up when switching profiles.
Console= Xbone
Fragsnipa

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Very good news then!! :joia: Thanks for the feedback! ;)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices