Titan 2 doesnt work with My XIM APEX

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan 2 doesnt work with My XIM APEX

Postby xvtoastvx » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:01 am

i just got a titan 2 today and it will not connect with the apex properly everything lights up as it should but it wont let me use my keyboard and mouse i am on xbox one x if some one could please explain to me how to get these devices to work together thanks
xvtoastvx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan 2 doesnt work with My XIM APEX

Postby antithesis » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am

As mentioned in the PM, would you please add some more details about your setup?

The trick with XB1 is usually this -

1. Shut down the console completely, not to power save mode.
2. Remove the controller battery.
3. Plug mouse, keyboard & controller into XIM Apex, as per normal via the USB hub.
4. Plug XIM Apex into INPUT-A on Titan Two.
5. Plug Titan Two into XB1.
6. Turn the console on via the power button, not via a controller.

Also, check that the Output Protocol in Gtuner IV > Device Configuration is set to Xbox One or Automatic. If you're running Apex at 1000Hz, set T2 to the same speed in Device Configuration.

Once that's all done, open XIM Manager on iOS or Android and press your mouse and keyboard buttons to see if actions are registering. You should also see them registering in Gtuner IV > Device Monitor.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:48 am

Also, Are you using a power supply with the Titan Two? Or with the Apex Hub?

If you are not, then the likely cause, may be too much power draw.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby APEX » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:15 pm

xvtoastvx wrote:i just got a titan 2 today and it will not connect with the apex properly everything lights up as it should but it wont let me use my keyboard and mouse i am on xbox one x if some one could please explain to me how to get these devices to work together thanks

Follow the diagram that is posted above. I had the same problem. Adding a power adapter to the T2 fixed my issue.
APEX
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:19 pm

APEX wrote:
xvtoastvx wrote:i just got a titan 2 today and it will not connect with the apex properly everything lights up as it should but it wont let me use my keyboard and mouse i am on xbox one x if some one could please explain to me how to get these devices to work together thanks

Follow the diagram that is posted above. I had the same problem. Adding a power adapter to the T2 fixed my issue.

I hook up same way as above but use short usb cable to program port leaving my pc hooked up to T2 with no power adapter and never had power problems.... You close to pc to do this? If you watch in the device configuration panel up top you'll see power source: (mine says) PROG port and long as you don't see if fluctuate to something different then your ok on power source. :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby antithesis » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:32 pm

My solution to power draw is to connect the m & kb to a powered USB switch (to swap them between PC & XIM), then connect the USB switch to the Apex USB hub. Leave the controller on the Apex USB hub, or console authentication will fail.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Payy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 pm

antithesis wrote:As mentioned in the PM, would you please add some more details about your setup?

The trick with XB1 is usually this -

1. Shut down the console completely, not to power save mode.
2. Remove the controller battery.
3. Plug mouse, keyboard & controller into XIM Apex, as per normal via the USB hub.
4. Plug XIM Apex into INPUT-A on Titan Two.
5. Plug Titan Two into XB1.
6. Turn the console on via the power button, not via a controller.

Also, check that the Output Protocol in Gtuner IV > Device Configuration is set to Xbox One or Automatic. If you're running Apex at 1000Hz, set T2 to the same speed in Device Configuration.

Once that's all done, open XIM Manager on iOS or Android and press your mouse and keyboard buttons to see if actions are registering. You should also see them registering in Gtuner IV > Device Monitor.

I just got my titan and I’m having the same problem. For some reason it just keeps aging A U
Payy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:08 am

Payy wrote:I just got my titan and I’m having the same problem. For some reason it just keeps aging A U

AU means the controller is not authenticating. Try a different cable.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Payy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:12 am

Mad wrote:
Payy wrote:I just got my titan and I’m having the same problem. For some reason it just keeps aging A U

AU means the controller is not authenticating. Try a different cable.

That worked! Thank you very much. Now to figure out the rest lol
Payy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices