Push to talk not working

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Push to talk not working

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:30 am

Basically exactly what it says. I was having a lot of issues figuring out how to use my headset with the xim apex and titan 2. After a lot of research with trial and error I was able to figure out that I needed to have a 2nd controller connected to the titan 2 in slot B in order for me to be able to talk with people.

Here comes another problem...I just activated push to talk on my xim apex and it is not working at all. I'm not sure if it's because the controller that I'm actually using for my headset ismt going through the apex or if there is another reason I'm having this issue.

My setup:
Kbm+controller -> xim apex -> slot A titan 2 ->ps4
Controller(with headset) -> slot b titan 2 -> ps4

If anyone could help me with this so I could get the push to talk function to work that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!!!
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Push to talk not working

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:57 am

S1ckn4sty44 wrote:Here comes another problem...I just activated push to talk on my xim apex and it is not working at all. I'm not sure if it's because the controller that I'm actually using for my headset ismt going through the apex or if there is another reason I'm having this issue.

As far as understood, this feature (Push to talk) is something implemented on XIM, therefore the headset should be connected on XIM in order to have this work. I will research a little bit more to check if something similar can be implemented on the Titan Two. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:36 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
S1ckn4sty44 wrote:Here comes another problem...I just activated push to talk on my xim apex and it is not working at all. I'm not sure if it's because the controller that I'm actually using for my headset ismt going through the apex or if there is another reason I'm having this issue.

As far as understood, this feature (Push to talk) is something implemented on XIM, therefore the headset should be connected on XIM in order to have this work. I will research a little bit more to check if something similar can be implemented on the Titan Two. :smile0517:

See that's what I thought too and that's what I originally planned to do but since I'm using the titan 2 I cant use my headset on my xim and have to use it on a separate controller connected to port b on the titan 2. At least that's my understanding...otherwise I definitely would just prefer to use 1 controller with a setup like this...

Controller w/ headset+kbm -> xim apex -> titan 2 slot A -> ps4.

That's what I originally tried to do and my headset wouldnt work at all. Hopefully I can get this resolved.

Thank you for your time I appreciate it!
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Any luck with finding out a way to make it work?
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

J2Kbr wrote:

Hey there. Were you able to figure things out?
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Voice Chat should work via the XIM-connected controller. Ensure that you're using USB Communication Method in Settings > Devices > Controller.

This is one area I haven't tested extensively myself but should. I'll see if I can find some time this weekend.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:32 pm

antithesis wrote:Voice Chat should work via the XIM-connected controller. Ensure that you're using USB Communication Method in Settings > Devices > Controller.

This is one area I haven't tested extensively myself but should. I'll see if I can find some time this weekend.

Voice chat does not work on the xim connected controller. That's why I have to have a separate controller connected to port B on my titan 2 device.

My main problem now is that I cant use push to talk because that option is for xim and not titan 2 so I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work on my port b controller.
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 pm

XIM Apex supports chat passthrough on Slim / Pro DS4 models. The original DS4 doesn't support chat over USB.

I'll see if I can get this working on mine today.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ghost1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

I have the same problem how can I play audio to enjoy the game?
ghost1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby S1ckn4sty44 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:43 pm

antithesis wrote:XIM Apex supports chat passthrough on Slim / Pro DS4 models. The original DS4 doesn't support chat over USB.

I'll see if I can get this working on mine today.

Any luck with that??
S1ckn4sty44
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices