Titan Two not working with controller? not working with Xim?

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan Two not working with controller? not working with Xim?

Postby Xim-User » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:24 am

Hey guys, my english is terrible, sorry for that, but i try.

Ok, so i bought a Titan Two at http://www.roxxgames.de/titan-two-contr ... apter.html
to use it with my Xim Apex.

My first set-up was: Mouse + Keyboard + Controller > powered Xim- Hub > USB exetnsion > Xim Apex > T2 (A-Port) > PS4 (from output to front).
It worked for a couple of minutes, then a message shows up: "Controller not connected" (or something like this).

So i read in this forum:
I bought a power supply 7,5 V ,2000 mA and connected it with the Titan Two on top of the power supply from the Xim Hub, then tried only power supply on T2, always the same issue.
Note: I have a PS4 Pro with the new controllers (do not know if important).

I tried without USB extension and with and without power supplies, always the same issue.

Then i read a post that mentioned to deactivate FFB on the ports, i did this, since then a new scenario occured: The message "Controller not connected" never shows again, but after a few minutes, even without a script running, no input from my mouse , keyboard or even controller is possible, when i look at the PS4 the Xim Apex Dongle is dark, no lights, nothing. After i disconnect and connect again it runs again.

I tested 3 controllers (PS4 V2) everytime the same issue.
I bought the Titan Two Connection Kid, new USB Cables, etc. always after an random time sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds the Xim Apex now get dark, while the mouse and keyboard are still able to flash.

I bought a new powered USB 2.0 Hub, because in a post i read it was mentioned that the Xim Hub sometimes have quality issues, nevertheless my Xim Apex works fine alone even with the Xim Hub, but i know use the new one.

Someone had the same problem in the past and find a solution?
In the moment i only play with my Xim Apex, but maybe someone can help me and has a solution.

Summary:
Options PS4 : Controller - Connection via USB
New Cables (even Titan Two Connection Kid) + Power supplies
Xim Apex alone works well
Titan 2: same polling rate like mouse and Xim Apex (500 hz), Output Protocol PS4 and Automatic tested
New powered USB Hub
Message "Controller not connected" on my screen, after disabling FFB on all ports message never pops again, but Xim Apex dongle get dark in the same time frame.
Xim Apex, Titan two and GTunerIV on the last firmware / update

P.S. I find today something that i missed completely, i will try this too (first time connection), even if my settings were set to controller connection via USB (because of XIM Apex) already. I never did the fast start with a PS4 Controller on Input B.
Can this be the problem?

P.P.S. Everyone who read this Thank you very much, if you have a solution this will be fantastic.

P.P.P.S. antithesis in the Xim forum mentioned that he connected his Mouse and keyboard (and Azeron) to a powered USB Hub, this USB Hub and the controller in the XIM Apex USB Hub, Xim Hub to Xim Apex and the Xim Apex in the T2, and the T2 in the PS4, also:
Keyboard + Mouse > powered USB Hub > Xim Apex Hub (with controller on it) > Xim Apex > T2 > PS4.
Possible solution (so i can overcome the distance without USB extension maybe, nevertheless even without USB extension i got the same problem).
Xim-User
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Titan Two not working with controller? not working with

Postby antithesis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:28 am

I've been using a XIM Apex + T2 setup on PS4 since alpha / beta testing of both products, so for around 2 years.

Ignoring USB switches etc, the basic PS4 setup is -

M/kb/controller > USB hub > XIM Apex > T2 > console

The best place to add power in this chain is on the T2. It shouldn't be needed anywhere else if the T2 is powered.

What you might need to check is to go to PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method and set to USB.

You mentioned a USB extension cable - my guess is this is the reason you're experiencing disconnects. If you need an extension cable, I'd move the cable to sit between the T2 and the console.

I use a 2m passive USB cable from the Titan Two to the consoles without an issue. I previously had problems with an active 5m USB cable, but only if the PS4 controller wasn't fully charged.

The only other issue I ever encounter on PS4 is sometimes when I boot the console, I need to disconnect and reconnect the XIM Apex to INPUT-A of Titan Two to get the controls to respond. After that point, there are no disconnects.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Titan Two not working with controller? not working with

Postby Xim-User » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Thank you very much for your help antithesis.
I tried before without USB switches.
The key was that the long USB cable should go from the T 2 to console.

My Setup Now, if someone has the same issue :

Mouse + Keyboard + Controller > Powered USB Hub > Xim Apex > T2 (Powered to Prog Port [found this on a other thread ]) > long USB to Micro USB cable from Titan 2 Connection Pack > Ps4

This works. I have only 40 minutes to Test IT, But no Disconnects or anything like before in this 40 Minutes

I hope this is Not just pure luck.

Thank you again antithesis, your advice was the key to solve it.
Xim-User
Corporal
Corporal

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices