How long will we wait?

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: How long will we wait?

Postby Scachi » Tue May 07, 2019 8:00 pm

eckoecko23 wrote:well I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to speak up . I've made other post and asked all the same question just to be ignored and given bs excuses .

This issue is caused by the xim breaking the xbox protocol, it is nothing that the T2 should fix by doing a dirty workaround that is prone to break other things then.
J2kbr has mentioned that here already several times and that it is no bs. He posted details about it showing the protocol debug screenshot.

The last information I am aware of is that someone who is active in both forums and is known to both devs (T2 & Xim) is trying to get in touch with the xim dev.

Did you ask for a fix at the xim forum ? You can relax a bit I think...you don't a T2 anymore as far as I know.
If you want to get productive instead of speaking about bs comments you can try to speak up at the xim forum.
I am not active there so I can't tell what is going on on the Xim side about that issue.
If you did already post there and your comment was about the xim side of things I apologize.

I have to agree that it is about time to get a fix as both device are often used together. But there is no point in getting angry or to get personal in any way as this won't help at all.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby eckoecko23 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:13 am

Scachi wrote:
eckoecko23 wrote:well I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to speak up . I've made other post and asked all the same question just to be ignored and given bs excuses .

This issue is caused by the xim breaking the xbox protocol, it is nothing that the T2 should fix by doing a dirty workaround that is prone to break other things then.
J2kbr has mentioned that here already several times and that it is no bs. He posted details about it showing the protocol debug screenshot.

The last information I am aware of is that someone who is active in both forums and is known to both devs (T2 & Xim) is trying to get in touch with the xim dev.

Did you ask for a fix at the xim forum ? You can relax a bit I think...you don't a T2 anymore as far as I know.
If you want to get productive instead of speaking about bs comments you can try to speak up at the xim forum.
I am not active there so I can't tell what is going on on the Xim side about that issue.
If you did already post there and your comment was about the xim side of things I apologize.

I have to agree that it is about time to get a fix as both device are often used together. But there is no point in getting angry or to get personal in any way as this won't help at all.

are you a mod or support? other wise I dont find your post relevant on the subject.
eckoecko23
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 am

Scachi is both and correct on the subject!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby eckoecko23 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:14 pm

bonefisher wrote:Scachi is both and correct on the subject!

instead of making smoke and flash screen answers why not just announce there will never be progress or a fix and get it over with already in stead of making false claims .

xim apex makes no claims of pairing with t2. why would I goto there site and ask for a fix . the t2 claims it can be paired with zim apex (clearly it does not ) .
eckoecko23
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHviB94pDM
Here is one answer depending what your using with apex! It's sad that you don't even get a reply over there and since someone reply's over here you want to vent.....It's ok will let antithesis talk on this subject since he's the guru of XIM!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby eckoecko23 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:46 am

not sure what answer you "answered" here ? I'm venting because you guys claim the t2 pairs with the xim which it doesnt . this is called false advertising. leading me and many other people to something that doesn't work with months of claiming that its gonna be fixed. again why would i go to zims site asking for help on a product they are not affiliated with nor do they support .
eckoecko23
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Thu May 09, 2019 3:28 am

Sorry but I don't have a problem pairing up with my Apex and T2! So I don't know what your going thru and how you hook up but everything works like it suppose to when I use it!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby eckoecko23 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:14 am

plz explain you exact setup then
eckoecko23
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Thu May 09, 2019 5:27 am

I do not have any audio/chat issues with the xim.
My set up is

Xim Apex
Titan Two
Xbox one

Setting the apex report rate to 1000hz can cause audio disturbance in certain games, But this happens even with without the Titan Two. Every thing is fine when I lower the report rate to 500hz though.

My friends that I play with that also use the xim and titan two, do not have any audio issues either. I'm actually in a party chat with one of them now, as I type this.

Are you using an Xbox One or PlayStation 4? I think maybe the chat issues regarding the Titan Two and Xim Apex might only be effecting PlayStation 4 users?. I'm not sure though. as I don't have a PlayStation to test.

If you are using an Xbox one with the apex. Try turning the on the audio compatibility mode setting from inside the Xim manager, maybe that will help, or maybe try a different controller.

Lastly make sure you are using the right kind of headset for your controller/console.
The Xbox uses the CITA standard. While PlayStation uses the OMTP standard for their headsets.

If you use the wrong headset, you may run into issues such as reduced audio, and mic not functioning. This is because the ground and mic leads are reversed Image
Shown here.

There may also be a small possibility that your Xim Apex, controller or maybe even console is simply defective? :unsure:
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby bonefisher » Thu May 09, 2019 6:45 am

I run this same setup as Sillyasskid with no issues and the problem I think is PS4 side which showing you that video maybe why the issue is there with Apex users not T2 side like J2Kbr said on posts before. I think Sillyasskid nailed it with the leads everyone needs to look for and maybe is why in the video the newer one worked over the older controller! Now this also could be a issue on T2 side for the newer ProPS4 controller which he might of fixed already but not sure about which I don't keep up on the PS4 side anymore since my new Xbox One X. Keep in mind that where members here like you trying to help each other out and think J2Kbr does a great job as a one man army trying to keep up with all the requests getting something fixed and making things also better for user friendly future updates! :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices