Mic on PS4 with Xim Apex plugged into T2

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Mic on PS4 with Xim Apex plugged into T2

Postby DMan90 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:54 pm

Does anyone use a mic plugged into the PS4v2 controller with the Xim Apex and Titan 2 together?

My current set up is:

Mouse + PS4v2 Controller > Xim Apex > Titan 2 A-port
Keyboard > Titan 2 B-port

Titan 2 > PS4

I haven't been able to get my mic to work when I have my Xim Apex plugged into T2 on PS4. I can still get sound through my headphones, but mic does not work at all.

If I use Titan 2 or Xim Apex separately, this problems goes away. I saw a few old threads on the same topic but no resolution was provided.

I'm hoping to use the use the push-to-talk feature once I can get my mic to work?
DMan90
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Mic on PS4 with Xim Apex plugged into T2

Postby Mad » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Try setting the xim polling rate and T2 output polling rate to 250hz
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby DMan90 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 pm

I'll try 250Hz tonight after work to see if that works. Will I have to adjust my mouse sensitivity to maintain the in-game sens. with the polling rate change?

Thank you.
DMan90
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:17 pm

DMan90 wrote:I'll try 250Hz tonight after work to see if that works. Will I have to adjust my mouse sensitivity to maintain the in-game sens. with the polling rate change?

Thank you.

If the sync setting in your apex config is set to 'Default', 'Common' or 'Slow'. Then no you should not have to change your sensitivity.

You would only need to readjust your sensitivity if the sync setting was turned off.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby DMan90 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 am

Mad wrote:Try setting the xim polling rate and T2 output polling rate to 250hz

Just tried from 500Hz to all the way down to 125Hz on both T2 and Xim. Also tried different output protocols on the T2, Automatic and PS4, but no input is being detected on the mic.

Communication method on the PS4 is set to Cable, and the PS4 actually does register when I plug/unplug my headset (notification comes up that a microphone has been connected to the controller). And sound is passing through, I can hear everything in my headset. But my voice isn't actually passing through when the Xim is connected to the T2.
DMan90
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Alternatively, you can have the PS4 controller at Input-B of the Titan Two so it will be used for console authentication as well for the headset. Then XIM can be plugged at Input-A as normal. On XIM you can have any other controller, does no need to be PS4.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DMan90 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Alternatively, you can have the PS4 controller at Input-B of the Titan Two so it will be used for console authentication as well for the headset. Then XIM can be plugged at Input-A as normal. On XIM you can have any other controller, does no need to be PS4.

Okay, I have multiple PS4 controllers, so I'll try this today, thank you!

Just a few questions for this set up:

- If I have a PS4 controller at Input-B, should I connect the keyboard to the Prog. input of the Titan Two?

- Do I need to follow certain connection steps; for example connect controller to Input B first, then connect Titan Two to PS4, then connect the Xim to Titan Two? Or can I leave everything plugged in?

- This is more of a follow up once everything starts working, but what would the script be on Titan Two to enable push-to-talk?

Thanks again!
DMan90
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:39 pm

DMan90 wrote:- If I have a PS4 controller at Input-B, should I connect the keyboard to the Prog. input of the Titan Two?

Correct, or you can use KMG capture in Gtuner

DMan90 wrote:-Do I need to follow certain connection steps; for example connect controller to Input B first, then connect Titan Two to PS4, then connect the Xim to Titan Two? Or can I leave everything plugged in?

Can leave everything plugged in.

DMan90 wrote:- This is more of a follow up once everything starts working, but what would the script be on Titan Two to enable push-to-talk?

Here is the function you can use: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... sh_to_talk

I have this built in to the universal gamepack, at the moment it's just buttons (so keyboard key needs to be mapped to button) next release will have keys also.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby DMan90 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:03 am

Mad wrote:I have this built in to the universal gamepack, at the moment it's just buttons (so keyboard key needs to be mapped to button) next release will have keys also.

Just so that I can keep an eye out, when is the next release expected to come out with the key support?
DMan90
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:30 am

DMan90 wrote:Just so that I can keep an eye out, when is the next release expected to come out with the key support?

I have uploaded BETA 1.7.8 :smile0517:
Mad
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices