Anyone else struggle to initially connect

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Anyone else struggle to initially connect

Postby gasknr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:13 am

Does anyone else have the problem of when they turn on the console, the Titan 2/ apex does not connect automatically. Every time I need to unplug my output and prog port, then reconnect. usually that works, often i need to disconnect everything from the T2, so the output, prog ports, the apex etc.

I dont have the T2 powered, but I do have my Apex/KB/mouse connected to a powered usb hub which works as far as i can tell, though I can narrow the issue with nothing connecting on start up????
gasknr
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Anyone else struggle to initially connect

Postby Scachi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:16 pm

gasknr wrote:Does anyone else have the problem of when they turn on the console, the Titan 2/ apex does not connect automatically. Every time I need to unplug my output and prog port, then reconnect. usually that works, often i need to disconnect everything from the T2, so the output, prog ports, the apex etc.

I dont have the T2 powered, but I do have my Apex/KB/mouse connected to a powered usb hub which works as far as i can tell, though I can narrow the issue with nothing connecting on start up????

What console are you using ?
I have a similar problem on the ps4 since the last update, without using a xim, just using a plain ps4+t2 setup.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby gasknr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:43 pm

Scachi wrote:
gasknr wrote:Does anyone else have the problem of when they turn on the console, the Titan 2/ apex does not connect automatically. Every time I need to unplug my output and prog port, then reconnect. usually that works, often i need to disconnect everything from the T2, so the output, prog ports, the apex etc.

What console are you using ?
I have a similar problem on the ps4 since the last update, without using a xim, just using a plain ps4+t2 setup.

Using the X1X
gasknr
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:41 am

Please try:

1) use the USB port at the back of Xbox One console;

2) Enable the Titan Two option "Power off the device with the console".
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby TheBruhhh » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 am

J2Kbr wrote:Please try:

1) use the USB port at the back of Xbox One console;

2) Enable the Titan Two option "Power off the device with the console".

Should there be any specific port used on PS4? I've been having this same issue on PS4.
TheBruhhh
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:54 am

On PS4 we don't have any user's report related with that. The recommended is plug the Titan Two directly to an USB port on PS4 (without USB hub).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby TheBruhhh » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:05 pm

J2Kbr wrote:On PS4 we don't have any user's report related with that. The recommended is plug the Titan Two directly to an USB port on PS4 (without USB hub).

Okay thanks, I'll try the power off with console option and hopefully that'll help things. I'm using a power adapter though so I'm not sure if this will be applicable!
TheBruhhh
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:11 pm

I frequently need to unplug APEX from Titan Two to reinitialise the controller just after booting up a console.

At a guess, this may be because the T2 and APEX asre powered 24/7/365 and APEX retains the last authentication handshake while T2 requests a new one.

Either APEX or T2 by itself doesn't cause a problem, it's only when chained that this issue pops up.

It's not a big deal, takes two seconds to resolve.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices