Staticy pops

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Staticy pops

Postby Tunerboi » Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm

I need help with this thing before I lose my mind, I've had it around 5 weeks and have tried everything I can.

So my set up is this:
Xbox controller, mouse and KB into a use hub that works with xim (used it for years), connecting into the xim, that connects into the left slot on the titan, both the hub and titan have power adaptors so presumably its nothing to do with that, though oddly when I look at gtuner it still says powered by USB not by the plug.

Now my issue is basically everything doesn't work properly, sound is crackly, the controller never seems to connect meaning i spend an hour trying to get it to work then randomly it'll connect. But even then the sound is awful.

I bought the titan and the bluetooth extension so, I've spent nearly £150 on something that's useless so far.

What am I missing? I assume its something my end. but to be clear the XIM and set-up has worked ever since I got it (prerelease Apex)

Cheers
Tunerboi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Constant issues

Postby DontAtMe » Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Tunerboi wrote: the controller never seems to connect meaning i spend an hour trying to get it to work then randomly it'll connect.
Setup with the Xim and T2 is fairly simple and hassle-free.

Have you tried replacing the USB cable going to the Xbox controller?

Note, after connecting the Xim to the Titan Two, if the Xbox controller does not turn on automatically you may need to physically turn it on by pressing the Xbox button.

Tunerboi wrote:sound is crackly
Is this with or without a script running?

Audio distortion/crackling can happen if you are running an unoptimized script. Please check the CPU Load % in the device monitor. Anything below 80% should not cause any audio distortion.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby Tunerboi » Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 am

DontAtMe wrote:
Tunerboi wrote: the controller never seems to connect meaning i spend an hour trying to get it to work then randomly it'll connect.

Note, after connecting the Xim to the Titan Two, if the Xbox controller does not turn on automatically you may need to physically turn it on by pressing the Xbox button.

Audio distortion/crackling can happen if you are running an unoptimized script. Please check the CPU Load % in the device monitor. Anything below 80% should not cause any audio distortion.

I haven't tried a new cable yet as it works perfectly fine without the titan connected, I will try and let you know. I am aware of how to turn the controller on, the problem is it just searches forever, won't connect, kinda like it doesn't realise it's wired and wont ever connect via wireless for some reason. Maybe you are correct and its the cable, odd how it works fine otherwise though.

Cheers
Tunerboi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Tunerboi » Thu May 28, 2020 2:02 pm

DontAtMe wrote:

Didn't think it would work but changing the cable did. Odd, I've been using the cable that came with the elite and replaced it with some cheap crappy cable (I assume) my wife bought. Fixed the connection issue. No joy with the crackley sounds but that may be warzone sounding crap at times.

Cheers dude
Tunerboi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices