Need help testing dead zones in xim manager.

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Need help testing dead zones in xim manager.

Postby slickrick6922 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:04 pm

I keep hearing people saying the dead zones in the xim manager has no affect on your mouse, if that the case then why does the right stick Y and x change in device manager when you tweak those dead zones. I changed the dead zones to 0 in the battlefield 5 st. and when I aimed down sight and pushed the mouse out slow it stutters, change the dead zone back to what Mist4fun set it at and no stutter. can someone with xim and titan 2 verify this pls.
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Need help testing dead zones in xim manager.

Postby DontAtMe » Mon May 25, 2020 10:49 pm

slickrick6922 wrote:if that the case then why does the right stick Y and x change in device manager when you tweak those dead zones.
Those deadzone settings are for any additional controllers that are connected. ie a sony nav. Not related to the mouse.

Those settings are under the Analog section.
Take a look at the description for this section.

What you are seeing in the device monitor, is the Apex refreshing all settings, it does this after any change you make in the Xim Manager.

If you have SAB on for example and then make any change inside the xim Manager, You will see the STICK_1_X, and STICK_1_Y values reset to a brand new random value < 6%.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby slickrick6922 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:55 pm

DontAtMe wrote:
slickrick6922 wrote:if that the case then why does the right stick Y and x change in device manager when you tweak those dead zones.
Those deadzone settings are for any additional controllers that are connected. ie a sony nav. Not related to the mouse.

Those settings are under the Analog section.
Take a look at the description for this section.

What you are seeing in the device monitor, is the Apex refreshing all settings, it does this after any change you make in the Xim Manager.

If you have SAB on for example and then make any change inside the xim Manager, You will see the STICK_1_X, and STICK_1_Y values reset to a brand new random value < 6%.
that's what I've always heard but did you try it in game
when you set sab to on your left stick it changes and never 0's out when the stick is resting. meaning sab has an affect on the left stick, if you change the deadzone on the right stick[in xim] it will never 0 out for a resting value after moving your mouse. also did you go into a game after setting that deadzone to 0 and push your mouse outward slowly while ads'ing? please try and reply back ,when I set to 0 I have stutter, change that DZ back to 7500 the stutter is gone.
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 am

I am not able to reproduce this studdering that you are describing.

This is more of a Xim specific question anyways, One that has already been answered over on the Xim forums multiple times.
Here is a response from OBSiV on the matter.
OBsIV wrote:These values are used if you have a joystick attached to your XIM or if you are using our "cross console controller" feature. If you have nether of these, the values aren't used.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=74875.0
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby slickrick6922 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 am

DontAtMe wrote:I am not able to reproduce this studdering that you are describing.

This is more of a Xim specific question anyways, One that has already been answered over on the Xim forums multiple times.
Here is a response from OBSiV on the matter.
OBsIV wrote:These values are used if you have a joystick attached to your XIM or if you are using our "cross console controller" feature. If you have nether of these, the values aren't used.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=74875.0

thanks for trying,
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices