About XIM APEX

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: About XIM APEX

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:19 pm

If this adapter allows the use of controllers (e.g. PS3 or PS4 controller), we can safely assume you will also be able to use the Titan Two with it, just needing to configure the device's output protocol to the one compatible with the adapter.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ori0749 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:32 pm

J2Kbr wrote:If this adapter allows the use of controllers (e.g. PS3 or PS4 controller), we can safely assume you will also be able to use the Titan Two with it, just needing to configure the device's output protocol to the one compatible with the adapter.

Titan 1 won't work? Because it's cheaper so I prefer to go on it. after all I do not really need the Titan, but the XIM APEX to work for mouse and keyboard support
or maybe the XIM will work without the titan and it will be better
ori0749
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:11 pm

Your best bet is to buy the USB adapter to confirm that it works with a wired DS3 or DS4 on the VITA. Be certain that the connection isn't via Bluetooth. Personally, I don't think it will work, but it's better to waste $10 than $100.

If it does work, a Titan should also work when set to PS3 or PS4 Output Protocol. Maybe a XIM APEX too. If I remember to do it, I'll dig a PSTV out of storage and test it with a XIM. Last time I tried this, I'm confident I needed a Titan. The same is true for PS4 Remote Play on PC & Mac.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ori0749 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:26 am

antithesis wrote:Your best bet is to buy the USB adapter to confirm that it works with a wired DS3 or DS4 on the VITA. Be certain that the connection isn't via Bluetooth. Personally, I don't think it will work, but it's better to waste $10 than $100.

If it does work, a Titan should also work when set to PS3 or PS4 Output Protocol. Maybe a XIM APEX too. If I remember to do it, I'll dig a PSTV out of storage and test it with a XIM. Last time I tried this, I'm confident I needed a Titan. The same is true for PS4 Remote Play on PC & Mac.

I don't really know what is that protocol, protocol you are all saying
and therefore i have no idea how to set one.
But good luck!
ori0749
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Output Protocol is a setting on Titan One and Two so the controller connected to it can talk to the console.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ori0749 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:44 pm

antithesis wrote:Output Protocol is a setting on Titan One and Two so the controller connected to it can talk to the console.

Ok thanks i'm waiting to your PSTV check
And i have a Q.
With Titan 1 or 2 the DS3 and DS4 100% will work on every game?
Another Q
Is the power consumption of the titan 1 is high?
ori0749
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices