Controller wont light up

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Controller wont light up

Postby mantis_toboggan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:22 am

Hey everyone I'm having a little trouble, maybe someone has solved this issue but I couldn't find it already in the forum.

I have a Xim Apex plugged into my T2 (Slot A) and an Xbox One controller plugged into my Xim. Using a PC.

Both the Xim and T2 both recognize the controller as being on but the controller itself does not light up and doesn't work when I push buttons in game.

I have extra power to the T2's prog port and I configured it to output Xbox 360 controller but still can't figure it out.

Everything works just fine if I use just the Xim but not with T2.

Anyone run into this before?
mantis_toboggan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Controller wont light up

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:38 am

Welcome to our forums.

Please first confirm if the Titan Two with controller directly plugged to it (without XIM) is working as expected on the console.

thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mantis_toboggan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Thank you for your response, after some messing with it I was able to get it to work. My solution was:

1)Set output protocol to Xbox One (This turned on the controller but controller buttons wouldn't work in game and would keep turning off after about 8-10 seconds)

2)Check box labeled 'Force USB Prog Interface to full speed' (This stopped the controller from turning off)

3)Set output protocol to Xbox 360 (This allowed controller to work in game)

4)Uncheck box labeled 'Force USB Prog Interface to full speed' (Not sure this was necessary)

There is probably a better solution because I have to do this every time I start my PC but it worked for me.
mantis_toboggan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:51 am

Thank you for the update.

As for (4), this option is only needed when using a very long USB cable for the PROG port. normally you would like keep this option unchecked.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices