Xim -> T2 -> Xbone Best Authentication Order?

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Xim -> T2 -> Xbone Best Authentication Order?

Postby Campin Jay » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:13 pm

It sure is convenient to start the xbox with only one tuner device connected and have it work just like it did when you shut it down. Is that possible with Xim & T2?

Right now I fire up the T2 with nothing in Port A and the Xbone controller in Port B. After I get two green lights I switch the controller over to the Xim hub and then plug the Xim into Port A on the T2. Works fine.

Is that the best way to handle the flow? Should I get a second controller? I would obviously like to just flip on the power. If I'm missing something please let me know. Thanks!
Campin Jay
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Xim -> T2 -> Xbone Best Authentication Order?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:05 am

Normally you don't need to first authenticate the Titan Two with Xbox console using the controller at Input-B. you can leave the controller on XIM:

Connect the Titan Two to the Xbox, wait for AU.
Connect XIM (with Xbox controller) to the Titan Two Input-A.

This should work.

Tip: Select "USB Xbox One" as output protocol on the Titan Two. This will avoid the Titan Two's console detection procedure, which usually resets the USB upstream connection and can potentially cause issues with XIM.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Campin Jay » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:09 am

Thanks. That works great. Part of my problem was borderline power supply. Once I supplied external power everything works better, as expected.
Campin Jay
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:56 am

Campin Jay wrote:Thanks. That works great. Part of my problem was borderline power supply. Once I supplied external power everything works better, as expected.

:joia: :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Theflash12 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:38 pm

How did you setup with external power supply? Won’t that mean the titan 2 is always on? Just trying to figure how to setup cause my controller keeps disconnecting mid game
Theflash12
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Theflash12 wrote:How did you setup with external power supply? Won’t that mean the titan 2 is always on?

In the Titan Two configurations (Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration) you can set the device to turn off with the console. This will work even with external power supply plugged. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Campin Jay » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:51 pm

In the Titan Two configurations (Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration) you can set the device to turn off with the console. This will work even with external power supply plugged.

Oh, then kindly ignore my request on GitHub. I should have investigated more!

For anyone else reading, now that I have the T2 shutting down with the console, my startup sequence has only one hiccup because of the Azeron. It is plugged into the Xim, and something about the configuration means it won't boot up. So I have to start with that unplugged.

And even plugging the Azeron in last, I occasionally need to toggle its profile switch back and forth to get it to function correctly. If it's in that state, I can see on my phone's Xim Apex Manager app that the buttons are coming through as buttons rather than their mapped values. For instance you'll see "J14" on the readout rather than "J14-->Game Menu". It's as if the Xim is not functioning properly. It's entirely possible that toggling the Azeron profile is actually re-negotiating the USB connection to the Xim, which gives the Xim a chance to get its mind right. Anyway, that's what works for me.

Let me tell you that the Azeron is everything I've dreamed of and more. Kind of pricey, but after a week of playing with it I can see there's no way I could go back. The thumbstick combined with the individual finger mapping - pull, press down or flex - is super ergonomic. Combined with the contextual key mapping of the Xim it's just amazingly powerful. I really dislike Fortnite, but I could see especially in that game how it would be a revolution.
Campin Jay
Corporal
Corporal

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices