Pls recommend best universal anti-recoil & rapidfire

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Pls recommend best universal anti-recoil & rapidfire

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 5:57 am

Hi can someone pls recommend the best anti-recoil and rapid fire gamepack? There are a lot of options and I would prefer to use the best pack that is recommended. I use XIM Apex with Titan Two.

I play mainly R6S and COD but I am struggling to find a good anti-recoil, especially for R6S. I have tried a few universal/general game packs, and although I can get rapid fire to work well, I just can't seem to get anti-recoil to work well in R6S. It is very inconsistent and erratic.

Also, from the tests I managed to do when using various anti-recoil settings, if I track a target, my crosshair pulls down a lot while shooting. Is there a way to use anti-recoil and also be able to track a target without the crosshair pulling down while shooting.
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Pls recommend best universal anti-recoil & rapidfire

Postby Mad » Tue May 18, 2021 6:50 am

Hi,

Try the universal gamepack (the 1.57 version)

For RB6 you need deadzone compensation. Select either V2 Polar, DrNefario or J2Kbr from the anti recoil options and set deadzone compensation to 20.

If you're having trouble tracking set the movement threshold to 20.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 am

Thanks Mad, I'll test this again with your recommendations. What must my deadzone be set to in RB6 game settings?
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 7:19 am

Also, using the Universal Gamepack, can someone explain how the secondary weapon profile works please? It says it monitors Y. Does this mean that every time I press Y (mapped on my keyboard), that the secondary weapon profile will be activated? This is confusing me a bit.
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Tue May 18, 2021 7:24 am

snapshot wrote:What must my deadzone be set to in RB6 game settings?

I left it at default, 10

snapshot wrote:Also, using the Universal Gamepack, can someone explain how the secondary weapon profile works please? It says it monitors Y. Does this mean that every time I press Y (mapped on my keyboard), that the secondary weapon profile will be activated? This is confusing me a bit.

Yes that is correct.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 7:51 am

Mad wrote:
snapshot wrote:What must my deadzone be set to in RB6 game settings?

I left it at default, 10

Thanks.

Mad wrote:
snapshot wrote:Also, using the Universal Gamepack, can someone explain how the secondary weapon profile works please? It says it monitors Y. Does this mean that every time I press Y (mapped on my keyboard), that the secondary weapon profile will be activated? This is confusing me a bit.

Yes that is correct.

Thanks.

So if I have my secondary profile (handgun) set to say profile 2, then on profile 2 must I set its secondary profile back to profile 1 (primary automatic gun), so that when I press Y from profile 2, I can switch back from my handgun to my primary automatic gun? Hope my question makes sense.

What is confusing me is, for example, that I can then only have two primary profiles because the other 2 profiles must be reserved for secondary guns? I've tried to explain below using an example as I'm not quite understanding this bit yet but I would really like to use this mod properly.

Example setup, taking into account that this gamepack has 4 profile slots:

Primary gun 1 and handgun as secondary
Profile 1 (automatic gun): This is the primary AR setting with secondary pointing to profile 2 (for handgun)
Profile 2 (handgun with rapid fire): This is the secondary setting for when I press Y on profile 1, but on this profile (profile 2) I set its secondary as profile 1 so that I can return to my primary gun (profile 1) from here when I press Y again

Primary gun 2 and handgun as secondary
Profile 3 (automatic gun): This is a different primary AR setting with its secondary pointing to profile 4 (for handgun)
Profile 4 (handgun with rapid fire): This is the secondary setting for when I press Y on profile 3, but on this profile (profile 4) I set its secondary as profile 3 so that I can return to my primary gun (profile 3) from here when I press Y again
Last edited by snapshot on Tue May 18, 2021 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am

snapshot wrote:So if I have my secondary profile set to say profile 2, then on profile 2 must I set its secondary profile back to say profile 1

No, it will automatically go back to profile 1 when you switch again.

snapshot wrote:What is confusing me is, for example, that I can then only have two primary profiles because the other 2 profiles must be reserved for secondary guns? I've tried to explain below using an example as I'm not quite understanding this bit yet but I would really like to use this mod properly.
Not enough memory for me to add any more profiles. You can always install the gamepack to other memory slots. With an SD card you get 9 slots.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 am

Mad wrote:
snapshot wrote:So if I have my secondary profile set to say profile 2, then on profile 2 must I set its secondary profile back to say profile 1

No, it will automatically go back to profile 1 when you switch again.

snapshot wrote:What is confusing me is, for example, that I can then only have two primary profiles because the other 2 profiles must be reserved for secondary guns? I've tried to explain below using an example as I'm not quite understanding this bit yet but I would really like to use this mod properly.
Not enough memory for me to add any more profiles. You can always install the gamepack to other memory slots. With an SD card you get 9 slots.

Thanks for this assistance Mad :joia:

Mad wrote:No, it will automatically go back to profile 1 when you switch again.

There is a dropdown list in [Secondary Weapon Profile] that defaults to Profile 1 but it can be changed to Profile 2, 3 or 4. What does this option do? I think this is what is confusing me.

If I understand your reply correctly, any time I press Y from my primary gun it will switch to my secondary gun, and vice-versa i.e. if I press Y from my secondary gun, I will always return to my primary gun regardless of which profile it was on.

So my question is then this: where do I configure settings for my secondary? I'd like to have rapid fire on my secondary but not on my primary, so that when I switch to my handgun, rapid fire is active.

Mad wrote:You can always install the gamepack to other memory slots. With an SD card you get 9 slots.

Ok thanks. I have a memory card so I have access to all 9 slots.
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 am

snapshot wrote:So my question is then this: where do I configure settings for my secondary? I'd like to have rapid fire on my secondary but not on my primary, so that when I switch to my handgun, rapid fire is active.

If profile 1 is your primary, then select one of the other profiles you want to use for your secondary and enable rapidfire on it.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby snapshot » Tue May 18, 2021 9:58 am

Mad wrote:
snapshot wrote:So my question is then this: where do I configure settings for my secondary? I'd like to have rapid fire on my secondary but not on my primary, so that when I switch to my handgun, rapid fire is active.

If profile 1 is your primary, then select one of the other profiles you want to use for your secondary and enable rapidfire on it.

Thanks Mad. How will the gamepack know which profile is my secondary then? Sorry for all the questions :ashamed:

For example, if profile 1 is my primary and I select one of the other profiles as my secondary, how will profile 1 know which is my secondary when I press Y?
snapshot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices