TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Postby Diagnosis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 am

It would be interesting once you have received your T2, test it with a keyboard and mouse, provide detailed feedback on your experience. Then as a XIM4 user I can give you feedback based on your user experience.
Diagnosis
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby johnsmith1999 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Will do thanks Diagnosis!
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:32 am

johnsmith1999 wrote:Thanks for the reply.. Im am still confused.. Can someone please help me understand why someone would need to use a XIM Plus a Titan 2 together?

My understanding is this:
1) The XIM4 allows you to connect a keyboard and mouse directly to your PS4 through the XIM
2) The Titan 2 Allows this exact same setup
3) If this is the case, why would I want to use BOTH? What is if any the advantages? Isn't this pointless duplicity?

Xim4 is the king of mouse translation, but it does not offer on-board macro and mod support.
Titan 2 isn't as good at mouse translation, but it's the king of macros and mods.

The two go hand in glove for the best mouse experience with mod support. So things that aren't native to Xim4 like rapid-fire, anti-recoil, turbo buttons, glitches, farming etc are a natural extension offered by T2.

T2 does a tonne of other stuff too, but that's how we use T2 + Xim4 setups. It's not a case of buying one or the other, buy both because they do different things better. That's why you'll find some of us on both forums and collaboration between J2K and OBsIV because the products are complementary rather than competitors.

I advocate for Xim-friendly features here and for Titan-friendly features at Xim and we get them because it helps all of us have a better user experience.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby johnsmith1999 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 pm

antithesis wrote:
johnsmith1999 wrote:Thanks for the reply.. Im am still confused.. Can someone please help me understand why someone would need to use a XIM Plus a Titan 2 together?

My understanding is this:
1) The XIM4 allows you to connect a keyboard and mouse directly to your PS4 through the XIM
2) The Titan 2 Allows this exact same setup
3) If this is the case, why would I want to use BOTH? What is if any the advantages? Isn't this pointless duplicity?

Xim4 is the king of mouse translation, but it does not offer on-board macro and mod support.
Titan 2 isn't as good at mouse translation, but it's the king of macros and mods.

The two go hand in glove for the best mouse experience with mod support. So things that aren't native to Xim4 like rapid-fire, anti-recoil, turbo buttons, glitches, farming etc are a natural extension offered by T2.

T2 does a tonne of other stuff too, but that's how we use T2 + Xim4 setups. It's not a case of buying one or the other, buy both because they different things better. That's why you'll find some of us on both forums and collaboration between J2K and OBsIV because the products are complementary rather than competitors.

I advocate for Xim-friendly features here and for Titan-friendly features at Xim and we get them because it helps all of us have a better user experience.

Thank you sir!! Very much appreciate the clarity to your answer , totally understand now.

Have you had a chance to test out the new Titan2 with its native mouse and keyboard support? I am debating on spending the money to get a Xim to run in tandem with my Titan2 for better mouse translation as you have described but am wondering how much I am gaining in a competitive edge.

Has anyone compared the Titan 2 mouse and keyboard support to the Xim to see if the Xim is still a superior option for Mouse ? Thanks !!
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:47 pm

I've bought all current cross-platform m/kb adapters on the market. I'll be comparing Xim4, Titan One, Titan Two, CM, Reasnow Cross Hair, Mayflash Max Shooter One, Brook Sniper and Tuact Venox X4. What I won't include is the Hori Tac Pro and Splitfish Shark because they're PS4-only and frankly, they're a couple of the worst solutions and I wasn't prepared to spend the money.

The answer is a foregone conclusion - Xim will slay them all because not only does it offer the most accurate translation (meaning it tracks properly in all directions whereas angles are a problem for most adapters), but because Xim builds translators for each game on each platform. Every game has a different platform-specific look mechanic and only Xim caters for it. Others try to fake it, but it's nowhere near the same experience.

The short answer is don't waste your money on inferior m/kb solutions, go straight to the best and buy a Xim. Pair it with a mouse sporting a PMW 3310, 3360, 3366 or 3389 sensor and you're as close to PC gaming as it gets (refer to http://www.rocketjumpninja.com for gaming mouse reviews). Couple it with a T2 and you're in console gaming nirvana. Rapid-fire, full-auto fire, semi-auto fire, anti-recoil, turbo buttons, button combos, weapon load-outs, turn speed, movement speed, aim assist...that's all good stuff we can't do on Xim alone.

We're still restricted by console game engine limitations like turn-speed, acceleration and aim-assist (which can either hinder or help), so it's not exactly like PC, but 95+% is close enough. CoD and Battlefield are almost flawless and Overwatch and Destiny are not far behind. Third-person games with slow turn-speeds like Uncharted and Gears of War is where you'll notice the shortcoming of console m/kb, keeping in mind those games were never designed for it. I'm still far, far better with a mouse than a controller, so I'll take the small amount of bad to get the good stuff.

It took me 3 years of searching to find Xim3 back in 2010 after pissing money up against the wall on every m/kb adapter of that era. Once I felt the Xim difference, there was no going back. But with the recent influx of m/kb adapters that claim they're as good as a Xim, I thought it was time to put the bs to bed.

It'll take me awhile to put the reviews together, but hopefully they'll be done in the not to distant future.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby johnsmith1999 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:07 am

Thanks for the post, very very helpful in understanding all of this as I am very new to anything modded. Most of my experience in gaming has been on the PC with a kb/m. I havent gamed in a few years and it wasn't until my son bought a PS4 that I started playing Star wars Battlefront on the PS4 and started liking gaming again. Having the option for kb/m again and rapid fire etc. is just beyond awesome and I am excited get try out my T2. Can't afford to sink the money for a Xim right now after just buying the T2 so they keyboard and mouse through the T2 will have to suffice for now. I am VERY excited to see your review when it comes out. Will you do a Video review?
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Diagnosis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 am

johnsmith1999 wrote:Thanks for the post, very very helpful in understanding all of this as I am very new to anything modded. Most of my experience in gaming has been on the PC with a kb/m. I havent gamed in a few years and it wasn't until my son bought a PS4 that I started playing Star wars Battlefront on the PS4 and started liking gaming again. Having the option for kb/m again and rapid fire etc. is just beyond awesome and I am excited get try out my T2. Can't afford to sink the money for a Xim right now after just buying the T2 so they keyboard and mouse through the T2 will have to suffice for now. I am VERY excited to see your review when it comes out. Will you do a Video review?

Do you have a battlefront gamepack adapted for the TITAN 2 or any idea how to convert the T1 version of the battlefront gamepack to be adaptable.
Diagnosis
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby johnsmith1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:32 pm

I do not, I am hoping the T1 version will work for the T2. I will post a question in the proper thread.
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby johnsmith1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm

antithesis wrote:I've bought all current cross-platform m/kb adapters on the market. I'll be comparing Xim4, Titan One, Titan Two, CM, Reasnow Cross Hair, Mayflash Max Shooter One, Brook Sniper and Tuact Venox X4. What I won't include is the Hori Tac Pro and Splitfish Shark because they're PS4-only and frankly, they're a couple of the worst solutions and I wasn't prepared to spend the money.

The answer is a foregone conclusion - Xim will slay them all because not only does it offer the most accurate translation (meaning it tracks properly in all directions whereas angles are a problem for most adapters), but because Xim builds translators for each game on each platform. Every game has a different platform-specific look mechanic and only Xim caters for it. Others try to fake it, but it's nowhere near the same experience.

The short answer is don't waste your money on inferior m/kb solutions, go straight to the best and buy a Xim. Pair it with a mouse sporting a PMW 3310, 3360, 3366 or 3389 sensor and you're as close to PC gaming as it gets (refer to http://www.rocketjumpninja.com for gaming mouse reviews). Couple it with a T2 and you're in console gaming nirvana. Rapid-fire, full-auto fire, semi-auto fire, anti-recoil, turbo buttons, button combos, weapon load-outs, turn speed, movement speed, aim assist...that's all good stuff we can't do on Xim alone.

We're still restricted by console game engine limitations like turn-speed, acceleration and aim-assist (which can either hinder or help), so it's not exactly like PC, but 95+% is close enough. CoD and Battlefield are almost flawless and Overwatch and Destiny are not far behind. Third-person games with slow turn-speeds like Uncharted and Gears of War is where you'll notice the shortcoming of console m/kb, keeping in mind those games were never designed for it. I'm still far, far better with a mouse than a controller, so I'll take the small amount of bad to get the good stuff.

It took me 3 years of searching to find Xim3 back in 2010 after pissing money up against the wall on every m/kb adapter of that era. Once I felt the Xim difference, there was no going back. But with the recent influx of m/kb adapters that claim they're as good as a Xim, I thought it was time to put the bs to bed.

It'll take me awhile to put the reviews together, but hopefully they'll be done in the not to distant future.

Because of your post I broke down and bought a Xim4 from Amazon, it will be here along with my T2 tomorrow. Thanks again!

Just wondering if you had any advise or pointers in getting started to run the Xim in Tandem with the T2
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Perfect choice! Which console are you using?

The simplest thing to remember is controller, mouse and kb go into the Xim4. Xim4 into INPUT-A on T2. T2 into console. Start the console using the power button, not the controller button.

If you need more power due to the mouse and kb eating more juice than T2 + Xim4 can supply from the console, add m/kb to a powered USB hub, then connect the hub to a port on Xim4. If you get sporadic T2 disconnections, try replacing the cable between the controller and the Xim. That covers about 90% of support issues.

Note that you will get flashing purple lights on the Xim, but they don't affect gameplay. That's normal at this point in time as the issue hasn't been addressed yet between J2K here an OBsIV at Xim. If it persists at retail launch, they'll sort it out. In the meantime, try to ignore the purple lights, they cause no harm.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices