TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: TITAN ONE + Latest XIM4 FW

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm

It seems the Titan One is not even detecting XIM4. What intrigues me you confirmed the Titan One is working with the regular PS4 controller.

The expected behavior is.

1. By connecting the Titan One on PS4, the top and bottom dots are on, and the device shows AU;

2. After connect XIM4 to the Titan One it will take few seconds to initialize and the bottom dot should turns off, right after that the up dot also turns off and the display shows 0.

Please check, if you haven't yet, if any of the Titan One speed-up setting are enabled, if yes disable all. Also check if the output protocol is set to AUTOMATIC or PS4. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby sky418 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 am

My friend (T1 + XIM4) tells me that time to time or if he don't use xim about some time, XIM and everything in freezed. Only replug all helps. Can any one tells me how to help him?
sky418
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Did he try to change his configs? He may need to factory reset the XIM.

Because the T2 combined with the X4 draws so much power, the XIM may become corrupted if you change a config while the T2 is attached. This happened to me about 6 times, and I had to factory reset it every time to get it working again. If you don't use a power supply and / or use poor quality cables like me, this will happen regularly. Any time I want to change a XIM4 config I make sure I remote my T2 first.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm

I've never had a Xim corrupt and never had a problem swapping configs. T2 + Xim4 is more stable than ever, it's been rock-solid of late.

The only issue I've had is an SD card seemingly corrupt, so the T2 kept tossing an Error 2 message, but the card worked fine on Mac. Reformatted it, restored the files and it's been fine.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sky418 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:17 am

The question is about T1+XIM4
sky418
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 am

My mistake.

T1+Xim4 have been solid for years. My T1 and Xim4 are rarely disconnected and I swap games a lot. Never had a corruption issue.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Diagnosis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm

antithesis wrote:I've never had a Xim corrupt and never had a problem swapping configs. T2 + Xim4 is more stable than ever, it's been rock-solid of late.

The only issue I've had is an SD card seemingly corrupt, so the T2 kept tossing an Error 2 message, but the card worked fine on Mac. Reformatted it, restored the files and it's been fine.

Thanks for the share, I just received my T2 and looking to test with my XIM4. Prior I was using the T1 which I am really impressed with.

Can you let me know what difference you have experienced between using the T1 and T2 on the XIM4.
Diagnosis
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby johnsmith1999 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:18 pm

I just ordered the Titan 2 and am waiting for it to arrive...

Can someone tell me why you would want to use both the XIM and the Titan 2 together?? My understanding is the XIMM just allows you to use whatever controller and or Keyboard & Mouse you want on the PS4 which the Titan 2 does this as well? Why use both? What is the advantage?
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby sunchase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 pm

For scripts and macros I quess :) Sadly I have to search gamepacks and scripts from CM library (for T1), because somehow they have more scripts to offer. I was aware of that, but as i read from XIM forums Titan is the legit product so I decided to support Titan :D
sunchase
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby johnsmith1999 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.. Im am still confused.. Can someone please help me understand why someone would need to use a XIM Plus a Titan 2 together?

My understanding is this:
1) The XIM4 allows you to connect a keyboard and mouse directly to your PS4 through the XIM
2) The Titan 2 Allows this exact same setup
3) If this is the case, why would I want to use BOTH? What is if any the advantages? Isn't this pointless duplicity?
johnsmith1999
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices