Perfect cooldown not working - Starwars Battlefront

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: Perfect cooldown not working - Starwars Battlefront

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:15 am

perhaps we should make a dedicated script to check the all cooldown timings ... and then compared with the values we have on the gamepack.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Greedoshotlate » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 am

J2Kbr wrote:perhaps we should make a dedicated script to check the all cooldown timings ... and then compared with the values we have on the gamepack.

This would be great, though with the introduction of the new Star card "Disruption" (causes an AOE blast that overheats all enemy weapons within 20 yrds(?) ). This could mess with whatever the perfect cooldown timings are. Also Lando has a similar ability and may have a different timing as well. I'm on ps4 with season pass. Noob at this, though willing to help
Greedoshotlate
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm

I quickly look at the gamepack code and, omg, the part that handles the perfect cool down is pretty complex. It uses the controller FFB to determine the perfect time to reload. And this made me realize something. do you disabled the controller rumble? this would explain why the perfect cool down is not working for you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JediMaster77 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:10 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I quickly look at the gamepack code and, omg, the part that handles the perfect cool down is pretty complex. It uses the controller FFB to determine the perfect time to reload. And this made me realize something. do you disabled the controller rumble? this would explain why the perfect cool down is not working for you.

Thanks for the reply. I did confirm that I have the rumble enabled within the Playstation itself and within the battlefront game... I had a thought after my last post... I started using birdowg ee-3 rapid fire settings (hold & release time) which work amazingly well. I guess what I'm saying is, I wonder if customizations like that actually can indirectly step on the cooldown timings you guys have put together... At any rate, its just a theory i have.

On a side note, the perfect cooldown does seem to work from time to time so thats nice... I read somewhere in a different post that perhaps I'm not using the perfect cooldown feature correctly. I saw the below quote and it made me wonder if I'm not using it the way it was intended..
" One thing to keep in mind while using this in game is the RT has to be held for it to keep count, when you release it loses track of how many cooldowns youve been through. Also if you release RT to early after overheat(faster than IDLE INTERVAL), the combo will not run."
JediMaster77
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices