Xim4 Remote Play on PC via Titan One

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Xim4 Remote Play on PC via Titan One

Postby antithesis » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 am

My fellow Ximmers,

If you've been following the conversations on the Xim forums, you'll note that we've been requesting support for Remote Play on PC for months. It's been put in the "too hard" basket and shuffled way, way down the priority list, likely never to see the light of day.

Well...along comes Jefferson's first 2016 Titan One update and low-and-behold, he's added Remote Play for PC, like it was nuthin'. The great news for us is...this works with Xim4. Here's how -

1. Fire up GTuner on PC (or a Windows VM in VMWare Fusion on Mac), go to Tools > Device > Options and set Output Protocol to PS4 Remote Play.
2. Plug Xim4 into Titan One.
3. Load Remote Play for PC.
4. Game on using Xim4 over Remote Play.

Super easy!

I had my Xim4 connected to the downstairs PS4 over Remote Play using a Win8 VM on OSX. I'm looking forward to testing if the Titan Two can do this natively on a Mac.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Xim4 Remote Play on PC via Titan One

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank you for sharing.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:49 pm

:smile0517: Really appreciated.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:49 pm

It took me a few days to get back to this, but it also works using the Mac PS4 Remote Play app. That was a pleasant surprise, I assumed it wouldn't :)
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ragesomemoar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:56 pm

antithesis wrote:
1. Fire up GTuner on PC (or a Windows VM in VMWare Fusion on Mac), go to Tools > Device > Options and set Output Protocol to PS4 Remote Play.
2. Plug Xim4 into Titan One.
3. Load Remote Play for PC.
4. Game on using Xim4 over Remote Play.

Super easy!

I had my Xim4 connected to the downstairs PS4 over Remote Play using a Win8 VM on OSX. I'm looking forward to testing if the Titan Two can do this natively on a Mac.

Just to clarify... the Xim4 is connected to the Titan One which is connected to the PC, and you're running remote play app over LAN with your PS4 downstairs? "I had my Xim4 connected to the downstairs PS4 over Remote Play..." you didn't actually have the Xim4 connected (hard wired) to the PS4, right?
ragesomemoar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:24 am

Correct.

Xim4 is plugged into Titan One. Titan One protocol set to PS4 Remote Play. Titan one into PC / Mac. Run the PS4 Remote Play PC / Mac app. Setup the Remote Play connection to the PS4 to the account you want to login to (one-time setup). Done.

Yep, I'm connecting over a LAN from my upstairs Mac to the downstair PS4. I played some Private Matches in Destiny today between my two PS4s - one on my Mac using Remote Play and the other on the 32" Bravia next to it on my desktop connected direct to my consoles. Remote Play was surprisingly zippy and looked pretty decent running at 720p in full-screen on a 27" Mac.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices