Summary of improved XIM to Titan integration ideas

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Summary of improved XIM to Titan integration ideas

Postby pablosscripts » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:30 am

I've made a number of posts about integration ideas so I figured I would create a thread to summarize them all:

1) Auto profile changes - the ability to tie a Titan script to a XIM profile so you don't need to change each one individually. One of the benefits is that because Titan has scripting, you'd have greater control over how you switch profiles. On the XIM you can have only one profile switch button and no modifier keys (i.e. instead of pressing button X, Titan allows you to hold X and press dpad Up for example).

2) Automatic LED sync. So for example, of profile #3 on XIM is red, so the LED on Titan Two will also be red.

3) If a XIM is detected, it will automatically optimize the Titan instead of having to mess with all the settings individually, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3711#p34423

4) Automatic XIM profile creation. Currently if you have lots of complex dual mappings and curves and other stuff on the XIM, it can be very difficult to explain to someone how to set it all up. There are so many bloody steps especially once you throw the Titan script into the mix. Imagine if you could setup a profile on XIM, export it out, and copy some special code into a Titan script. Then, all a user needs to do is install the Titan script and it automatically sets up EVERYTHING on XIM once they connect the two. This would be freaking revolutionary for Titan-XIM integration.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Summary of improved XIM to Titan integration ideas

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Nice initiative. Keep all the improvements ideas concentrated in one place will come in handy soon!!
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Being realistic here, I don't see a lot of this happening, but there could be workarounds and it's more dependent on Titan than Xim.

1. Bind the Xim and Titan profiles to the same kb press. A combo could work, the Titan simply needs to send the correct kb button signal to the Xim.

2. I personally don't want this. My LEDs change depending on what's happening in a Xim script. Also, there's a tonne more colour options on a Xim than a Titan, which uses PS4 LED colours. The solution would be to assign an LED colour to a Titan profile, which can be done in init.

3. It's a one-time, 10 second manual change. I do see the point here, but how would a Titan automatically know a Xim is connected? Maybe a checkbox for Xim4 settings?

4. Xim4 has profile export / import capabilities. Paste the code into a forum post or into a script comment. Assuming the end-user wants to use it (it needs to be optional), all they need to do is copy and paste onto their Xim. I don't see how else it could be done.

Automation and integration are good and all, but there's very little manual work to do here. Any time automation is added, flexibility and control is lost, or something is forced on people they don't really want.

Not trying to poop on the picnic, just pointing out there are two sides to every coin.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Yup I understand the practical realities. I know they aren't hugely compelling changes but just nice quality of life stuff but also get that integration ain't easy!

For #1 id like to see this because I have so many profiles on both devices and I'm constantly creating and experimenting with new scripts it's hard to keep track of it! I sometimes think about getting a little whiteboard to keep track of it all lol

Regarding #3 I know it's a fast thing to do but it would be particularly useful for those who constantly switch between T1 + XIM, and then T1 only for cross controller support.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices