Xim4 setup hassle free pluggy play

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Xim4 setup hassle free pluggy play

Postby Frashbrang » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Have not used my titan 1 for a while. Has anyone found a hassle free way to connect xim4 and titan one to xbox one without having to unplug and plug cables to authenticate?
Frashbrang
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Xim4 setup hassle free pluggy play

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Unfortunately this is not possible with the Titan One (with the Titan Two is another history). A step-by-step guide to use XIM4 with Titan One on Xbox One can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2252
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Frashbrang » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:48 pm

When will titan 2 be ready?
Frashbrang
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:05 am

Remove XB1 battery. Pre-connect everything to the Xim, Xim to the T1. Boot up the XB1 cold. Done.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Frashbrang wrote:When will titan 2 be ready?

do you have access to the Titan Two private forum? if yes, please keep an eye there, I will re-open purchasing soon.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Frashbrang » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:51 am

So j2kbr is saying that you can't expect xim and titan to work without unplugging cables for authentication but anth is saying plug it all in without the battery and boot from cold and it will work mmmm
Frashbrang
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Frashbrang wrote:So j2kbr is saying that you can't expect xim and titan to work without unplugging cables for authentication but anth is saying plug it all in without the battery and boot from cold and it will work mmmm

It works frash, piiwii (pablogroup) can confirm it.

The secret sauce is to ensure the XB1 is off when connecting Xim4 via T1. Boot up the XB1 with the whole setup connected. There's no auth issues and the XB1 controller can be used via Xim4 on T1 with no problems, which also isn't supposed to work, but does.

I use a USB switch to share the Xim and Titan between 4 consoles. Toggling the switch has the same effect as unplugging / replugging the Xim into the XB1 USB port, so I can swap from PS to XB1 when the consoles are running.

I never need to do the "plug controller into T1, unplug controller, plug controller into Xim, plug Xim into T1" dance - everything stays connected to the Xim, Xim into T1, T1 into switch. The only thing I swap is the controller.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:51 pm

^^ Yup, the reboot thing works.

I find it's more reliable to do a cold boot too. So if you have low power mode / standby mode (or whatever it's called), make sure you do a proper reboot. Prior to the last update, I found a cold reboot worked about 9/10 times. A soft reboot worked maybe 5/10 times.

I hear the latest T1 firmware is even more reliable in this scenario but I've yet to test it with XIM, I spent the whole weekend testing it with a standard controller.

But yeah the constant authentication isn't needed.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices