My fellow Ximmers, connect your kb direct to the T2

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: My fellow Ximmers, connect your kb direct to the T2

Postby jayjack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29 pm

antithesis wrote:
jayjack wrote:I need to get my kb skills up.
I've been playing Halflife and Bioshock on the PC for training.
Will be tough replacing the NAV controller I love.

There's no need to replace the Nav, just plug a keypad into the T2 and keep the Nav on the Xim. The benefit of attaching directing is really just the extra buttons on-hand for combos and macros.

I've added my Tartarus.
So I have a 10 foot USB, T2, keypad, XIM4, Nav, and mouse. All without an additional power supply. :)
jayjack
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby antithesis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:52 pm

jayjack wrote:I've added my Tartarus.
So I have a 10 foot USB, T2, keypad, XIM4, Nav, and mouse. All without an additional power supply. :)

Very nice! The only time I wish I was right-handed is when looking at gaming peripherals. Righties have so much choice,whereas lefties get sweet FA and are typically left (pun intended) with the ambidextrous crumbs. :sad panda:

Just add that little bit of keyboard code I posted to your scripts and adjust the bindings in init based on the values displayed in Output Panel. You'll need to open the keyboard.gph file in Notepad or similar to match the output with the key names to punch into the script, but it's dead easy to do.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jayjack » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:06 am

antithesis wrote:Just add that little bit of keyboard code I posted to your scripts and adjust the bindings in init based on the values displayed in Output Panel. You'll need to open the keyboard.gph file in Notepad or similar to match the output with the key names to punch into the script, but it's dead easy to do.

Eh, even that might be too advanced for me.
I'll just continue to lurk on the subject and wait for the smart people like yourself to spoon-feed me. :unsure:

Do you think we can use our keypads to quickly jump to the different memory slots?
I'd be happy just doing that.
jayjack

Postby antithesis » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 am

Yes, you can change slots by binding a T2 function / combo / mod to a kb key.

Keep in mind if you get the kb bindings right once, it's very easy to transfer it from script to script and will potentially transform the way you play. Any string of buttons in a game, like navigating menus to select loadouts, can be translated to a combo.

The thing I'm happiest about are weapon wheels, which have always been a ball-ache to use on a Xim. This is because the mouse can't hold a stick position, it always needs to be moving or it falls back to zero.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:42 am

antithesis wrote:There's no need to replace the Nav, just plug a keypad into the T2 and keep the Nav on the Xim. The benefit of attaching directing is really just the extra buttons on-hand for combos and macros.

Yeah I have something similar. I use a Wii U Pro pad for my left hand, but I have a numpad for profile selection. You've obviously gone a step further than just profile selection. Starting to see some cool stuff coming out for this thing!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby weirsweb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 am

Any chance of getting access to the scripts?
weirsweb
Corporal
Corporal

Postby glitchbish » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 am

I'm doing something similar to use guys. I really like my G13, so I have that plugged into my XIM4, then I have this on the side for controlling scripts, UI stuff, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2 ... 467ZG&th=1

"Koolertron Cherry MX Black Programmable Gaming Keypad, Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 43 Programmable Keys, Single-Handed Keypad"

It's kinda like the best of both worlds, because I like the feel, compactness, and quietness of the G13... but I still have complex configurings right there if I need them.

You could you a 22-key USB number pad too, if you wanted.
glitchbish
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 pm

glitchbish wrote:I'm doing something similar to use guys. I really like my G13, so I have that plugged into my XIM4, then I have this on the side for controlling scripts, UI stuff, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2 ... 467ZG&th=1

"Koolertron Cherry MX Black Programmable Gaming Keypad, Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 43 Programmable Keys, Single-Handed Keypad"

It's kinda like the best of both worlds, because I like the feel, compactness, and quietness of the G13... but I still have complex configurings right there if I need them.

You could you a 22-key USB number pad too, if you wanted.

I do a similar thing. I have a numpad by my side. I wonder if anyone makes a tiny mini pad that’s wireless. Say just half a dozen keys. That would be sweet. I searched for one a while back but couldn’t find any trace of such a device. Something like this with a regular keyboard interface and only just enough buttons for profile up, down and a few macros.

https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/images/allison_keypad.jpg
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Bergman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Well the key mappings look easy enough to set in the script. Is there something we can do for the mouse part? i guess we need some way to control mouse movement speed. I am really anxious to try this out because the Division with the Xim is really pretty bad honestly. I go on my PC and its like night and day on that game.
Bergman
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:13 pm

You don't need to do anything with the mouse, but you can stack sensitivity on top of the Xim. For example, you can have slower HIP & ADS speed while shooting vs faster HIP & ADS speed while not shooting. You can also do some pretty funky recoil interpolation, but it's ultimately fruitless because of the awful look mechanics.

The Division doesn't suck because of Xim, it sucks because of the mountain of input lag in the game engine on console. Bang a close quarters scope on an AR and watch the framerate go to hell in a handbasket. I highly recommend sticking to SMGs or even better, shield + SMG for Xim gaming as it all but eliminates the dodgy aim and there's almost zero recoil. It's the only weapon class where The Division feels close to good for me.

It's a real pity because I really like The Division as a game, but it's completely let down by the awful aiming, insane recoil and bullet sponge gunplay. Time-to-kill in this game is ridiculous, so you lose that whole "power fantasy" thing and it completely breaks immersion in what is otherwise a gritty and believable universe.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices