Buetooth module question.

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Buetooth module question.

Postby b00st_g0d » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 am

Is there really any use for the bluetooth module for Titan two +Xim4 users? As I understand it with the controller bluetooth authenticated to the Titan two my Xim4 will still require it's own authentication correct?

What about bluetooth to my pc and Titan two for programming is that working?
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Buetooth module question.

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

In general, when using the Titan Two with XIM4 the Bluetooth Module is not required. Unless if connection with the console is wanted to be over Bluetooth, or for some extra input device that has Bluetooth capabilities.

As for the programming and configuration via Bluetooth, this is related with the upcoming App for Smartphones/Tablets, not for Gtuner IV. The communication between Gtuner and the Titan Two is very intense and it would consume all Bluetooth bandwidth, compromising the connection with controllers and consoles.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby b00st_g0d » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 pm

J2Kbr wrote:In general, when using the Titan Two with XIM4 the Bluetooth Module is not required. Unless if connection with the console is wanted to be over Bluetooth, or for some extra input device that has Bluetooth capabilities.

As for the programming and configuration via Bluetooth, this is related with the upcoming App for Smartphones/Tablets, not for Gtuner IV. The communication between Gtuner and the Titan Two is very intense and it would consume all Bluetooth bandwidth, compromising the connection with controllers and consoles.

Well poop. I was planning to stay wired for everything but programming.
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

J2Kbr wrote:As for the programming and configuration via Bluetooth, this is related with the upcoming App for Smartphones/Tablets, not for Gtuner IV.

Any update on the progress here?

Sorry, I've been pretty inactive lately on the scripting side to see what would come of the app, so I don't need to go and rewrite a bunch of Interactive Configs. Reaaaallly looking forward to seeing the app :)

Also, any progress on KM Capture for macOS? Not a big deal as we can always setup a Bootcamp partition for Win10 (which is essentially free if you ignore the activation nags), but if it's not looking possible, maybe remove the menu option in macOS Gtuner IV.

Also, I can't tell you how much I LOVE the recent Install To menu addition in Gtuner. That was a usability issue that needed to be addressed and the solution is really neat :joia:

What about the file import GPC changes we discussed awhile back so for example end-users could edit weapon values without touching the source code of an encrypted GBC file? From memory, this external file would populate a select menu.

I'll have to revisit where we left off with some of this stuff and get back on-track...real life has gotten in the way for far too long!
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Not much progress on the App yet, but when start the development we should have fast results.

I have not yet worked on the KM Capture in the Mac port mostly because I didn't see demand. With your interest on this I am going prioritize this task.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Not much progress on the App yet, but when start the development we should have fast results.

I have not yet worked on the KM Capture in the Mac port mostly because I didn't see demand. With your interest on this I am going prioritize this task.

KM Capture would be great to have on a Mac, but it's so easy to install Windows via Bootcamp that the time investment is likely not worth the effort for the small target market.

Anything legitimately requiring KM Capture will likely also require Windows drivers or apps, e.g steering wheels, flight sticks, virtual controllers etc. I'd simply remove the KM Capture option from the menu in Gtuner for Mac for now (so Mac user expectations are managed) and drop it down the priority list.

I'm far more interested in loading external files into a GBC script for user-editable variable values and to bypass limitations on PMEM and bytecode.

That and how an Interactive Config would look and function on a mobile app :)

More importantly, we need Xim Apex to function correctly with a Titan at 500 and 1000Hz. Currently, T2 causes purple lights on Apex at those Apex polling rates, but it's fine at 125 and 250Hz. Apex is very close to retail launch and OBsIV said he'd assist with the polling rate issue.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 am

antithesis wrote:More importantly, we need Xim Apex to function correctly with a Titan at 500 and 1000Hz. Currently, T2 causes purple lights on Apex at those Apex polling rates, but it's fine at 125 and 250Hz. Apex is very close to retail launch and OBsIV said he'd assist with the polling rate issue.

Definitively, are you going to distribute the Apex in AU? If yes, I will purchase one from you. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:56 am

I believe OBsIV plans to send you one :) It's really close to launch, I'll follow it up on the Xim side.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 am

Also, I just had a thought - does the Macro Editor rely on KM Capture?

I remember trying to record a macro, but it had some issue on a Mac. That was awhile ago though, my memory's not to clear on whether or not macro recording is tied into KM Capture.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:03 am

antithesis wrote:I believe OBsIV plans to send you one :) It's really close to launch, I'll follow it up on the Xim side.

wow ... that would be really nice of him.

antithesis wrote:Also, I just had a thought - does the Macro Editor rely on KM Capture?

no, it rely on the Device Monitor data sampling. (not related with KM Capture).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices