Apex and G502 + Tian2 = Problems

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Apex and G502 + Tian2 = Problems

Postby Wistle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 pm

I'm not getting any movement out of my G502 when hooked up to the titan2.

Controller and mouse into apex and apex into t2. I get authentication and lights on the G502 are on. I know mouse movements are registering with the apex...bumped up the sensitivity in loaded profile to see if I would red light and I do but, again t2 isn't picking this up.

Firmware is up to date.

I should note...My problem with the G502 is directly associated with the Titan 2. Works fine otherwise.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Apex and G502 + Tian2 = Problems

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Please note when using this setup (G502 -> Apex -> Titan Two), the communication protocol between Apex and the Titan Two is the same as the controller plugged on Apex. The Titan Two will "see" Apex as a regular gaming controller and will not recognize mouse or keyboard related inputs. This strongly suggests what is preventing the G502 to work is some configuration on Apex.

You can, alternatively, test the G502 with the Titan Two by having the Titan Two connected to a computer and the Device Monitor of Gtuner IV opened. With the G502 plugged on the Titan Two you should be able to see activity on STICK_1_X and STICK_1_Y when moving the mouse.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Wistle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:11 pm

J2Kbr wrote:You can, alternatively, test the G502 with the Titan Two by having the Titan Two connected to a computer and the Device Monitor of Gtuner IV opened. With the G502 plugged on the Titan Two you should be able to see activity on STICK_1_X and STICK_1_Y when moving the mouse.

Did this and it registers activity.

J2Kbr wrote:Please note when using this setup (G502 -> Apex -> Titan Two), the communication protocol between Apex and the Titan Two is the same as the controller plugged on Apex. The Titan Two will "see" Apex as a regular gaming controller and will not recognize mouse or keyboard related inputs. This strongly suggests what is preventing the G502 to work is some configuration on Apex.

Inputs as well as right stick movement is not registering with the mouse in the set up with T2.

When I power up, my controller light blinks for a few seconds before turning on completely. When I power up using just the apex set up, the controller comes on immediately...Thought it was worth mentioning.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Wistle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Okay, figured it out.

I had watched a set up vid on the XIM forums and it was instructed to change output protocol to usb multi interface hid. When I changed it to usb xbox one...fixed my problem.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Floop » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:31 am

Same issue I had. The problem is there is no standard way to connect the devices.

If you go T2 into Xim you need the multi interface HID. If you go Xim into T2 into PS4, you need to chage to console or automatic.

honestly.. the latter method is better and should be made the standard.
Floop
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby MAL8010 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 am

Floop wrote:Same issue I had. The problem is there is no standard way to connect the devices.

If you go T2 into Xim you need the multi interface HID. If you go Xim into T2 into PS4, you need to chage to console or automatic.

honestly.. the latter method is better and should be made the standard.

It's not a case of one being better over the other, it's about one having a different purpose than the other.

The normal way for most people to connect is Mouse/KB into XIM, XIM into T2, T2 into console. Utilising gamepacks and most scripts work in this way.

The only reason you would want to consider the alternative i.e. Mouse and/or KB into T2, T2 into XIM, XIM into Console is IF you want to utilise Mouse/KB buttons/keys that aren't bound to a controller input.
MAL8010
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby antithesis » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 pm

^ This guy gets it.

If using Xim > T2, set Gtuner's Output Protocol to Automatic.
If using T2 > Xim, set Gtuner's Output Protocol to USB Multi Interface HID.

J2K has added support for either configuration, which is nothing short of genius. This level of support for a third-party device is unprecedented :joia:
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you antithesis. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices