Is it possible to have an autofire macro bound to a mouse bu

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Is it possible to have an autofire macro bound to a mouse bu

Postby grarrg » Thu May 31, 2018 9:02 pm

I haven't purchased a T2 yet and am still in the research phase.

I use the Xim Apex.

I thought, don't know why, that the T2 could do macros such as auto fire.

During my research I found this post.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8357

Can you bind macros to mouse buttons for autofire?
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Is it possible to have an autofire macro bound to a mous

Postby antithesis » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 am

Yes. This is the simplest possible use case of an Apex plugged into a T2.

The Apex sends controller input to the console rather than mouse button presses. For example, if you have R2 bound to left-click, the R2 signal is passed to the console, not left-click.

The Titan Two accepts that R2 signal from the Apex, then applies autofire to it before passing it up to the console as rapid R2 presses. All you do is hold right-click on the mouse and you've got autofire. The same applies to any other mouse buttons bound to actions on the Apex, e.g antirecoil for L2.

There are more complex scenarios involving mouse button macros that aren't bound to in-game actions, like Fortnite one-click builds. They too work for Apex and Titan Two, but with the Titan Two plugged into the Apex.

Personally, I find that clunky and do that sort of binding on a kb plugged directly into the Titan Two on INPUT-B and leave the Apex plugged into the Titan Two on INPUT-A for the mouse. Fortnite build combos are bound to my Fragpedals and it works really well.

To minimise confusion - stick with Apex > Titan Two > console at first as it's easier to setup and wrap your head around. Autofire, antirecoil, turbo buttons etc are the most used mods on a Titan Two. That's dead easy to do and works with Apex.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby grarrg » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:36 pm

As always antithesis, you are the man with the knowledge.
About to order my T2 and get my fragpedals ready. :D
Thank you.

Side note, with the kb plugged into the Titan 2, playing a game such as Destiny 2, will my game play be hindered since the movement isn't going through the Apex?
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 am

It makes no difference if the kb is plugged into the T2 or the Apex from a movement perspective. Apex outputs to T2, T2 combines all inputs (Apex & kb) and outputs to the console.

Make sure to setup your bindings via a script and/or an Input Translator (maps keys to buttons, like Actions on a Xim).

One note - if you want the Apex, kb and Fragpedals plugged into T2 concurrently, you'll need an OTG adapter to convert the PROG port into a compatible USB port. The Titan Connection Kit comes with one, along with some very nice USB cables. I tend to leave the kb on the Apex and plug the Fragpedals into the T2 to I can still connect to Mac via PROG.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby grarrg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:33 pm

The Titan 2 Connection kit seems to be the way to go.

Here is what I am wanting to connect:
Xim Apex
Mouse - Logitech g502- (with macros)
Keyboard Corsair - K95 RGB Platinum - (with macros)
Fragpedals Dual
2, Scythe pedals.

One of things I am wanting to accomplish is a rapid fire script where a keyboard key turns it on/of and the mouse left click button does the rapid fire when it is on.

Is that possible?

PS. thank you for the knowledge.
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby antithesis » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:28 pm

grarrg wrote:One of things I am wanting to accomplish is a rapid fire script where a keyboard key turns it on/of and the mouse left click button does the rapid fire when it is on.

There are numerous ways to tackle this.

1. An RF on/off toggle bound to one of the d-pad buttons, one of them is usually spare.
2. A combination of controller buttons.
3. Weapon tracking to enable/disable RF, depending on the weapon slot.
4. A kb key as a toggle is also viable, but that could equally be a d-pad button binding.

In the end, you have 3 input slots on the T2. Apex into one. Fragpedal into another. Kb could be on either T2 or Apex depending on the game, the mod and the binding.

In almost every game, there's a button or button combo within easy to reach for toggles, e.g for RF I'll usually have R2 hold + d-pad up, or for antirecoil it'll be L2 hold + dpad up.

I wouldn't move the kb to the Titan Two unless doing more complex things like radial menu selection, eg press 1 for Incendiary bullets in The Division.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby grarrg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Thank you for all the replies.
I am going to forego any further questions until I actually have the device so I can put all of this to use. :)
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby grarrg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Just placed my order.
And I can not wait. :)
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby grarrg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm

I have an estimated delivery date of the 23rd. YAY!

I will do my best to physically set it all up from a hardware perspective.
After reading numerous posts it doesn't seem to difficult.

As for loading scripts...I have read up a ton but it doesn't quite "click" without having it in front of me.

So this is my PRE-apology for all the questions I will be asking lol. :a1chill_angry1:
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby grarrg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:45 pm

I literally just received my Titan two about 30 minutes ago. YAY!!!!

I downloaded the Software, updated the firmware and even added Scachi's Destiny 2 game pack.
(Thank you for making it.)

Now the questions begin.
1. With a gamepack installed (all I am wanting to use right now is the rapid fire and anti-recoil), is it possible to change what activates it?

I am using a Logitech g502 and basically what I am wanting to do is have rapid fire engaged by clicking the far left mouse button (not left click).

How do I edit this?
grarrg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices