I need help with Apex and T2 please

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

I need help with Apex and T2 please

Postby clairturner13 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 pm

ive had the titan 2 for about 2 weeks now and this is how i have it all plugged up. I have the controller and belkin cable in multi usb thats connected to the apex > titan 2 > Ps4 and i have the titan 2 connected to pc via prog. Now this is what i need help with. Sometime not everytime but like just now my apex will flash purple and my controller will be unresponsive ie no lights. So ill pull out the apex and replug it all comes back on then few seconds later nothings working again. This will happen like 1/2 days out the week but when it does happen its annoying!. any ideas what i could/should do? thanks.

Edit: The apex works fine on its own so something must be up with the t2.
clairturner13
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: I need help with Apex and T2 please

Postby Sillyasskid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 pm

similar issue with the Xbox One though, Since the last update it seems to be worse.

Main issue seems to be the xbox controller gets disconnected from the apex. Usually the Apex would flash yellow saying that the controller is no longer connected. But most of the times the apex does not signal this warning. The Apex manager will still show the controller connected. The T2 does not seem to re-authenticate the Xbox controller, because the Apex still assumes the controller is still connected. So it does not try to go through the authentication process.

The T2 knows the controller is disconnected. The Apex does not. Then the only way to get the whole set up to work again is to restart the apex, either by unplugging the thing, and reinserting it. Or force restarting the T2

The problem with the controller does happen time to time with only the Apex connected and no T2 in the picture. Issue seems far worse with the T2 involved.

The Apex hub is powered. My T2 is powered.

Usually the only thing connect to the Apex hub is just the Xbox controller in Port 3 of the hub. (recommenced for the controller), and my second T2 connected to port one of the Apex hub using the USB Multi-Interface HID Output for KM capture. This T2 is also powered as well.

The only fix I have found, was to authenticate my Xbox controller, to my T2 first. Then unplug the controller. and plug the Apex into input A, with my old Titan 1 on port 3. Using the Xbox 360 protocol. The Apex can authenticate no problem without an actual Xbox 360 controller, as expected. Same goes for the PlayStation 3 output. And the Apex does not lose connection at all with this set setup.

Only down side is the Apex does not poll higher than 125ms for Xbox 360 controllers or ps3 controllers.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am

I will be looking into, hopefully I can replicate with XIM4 (don't have Apex yet). Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby clairturner13 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks atm cant go a minute without the controller just disconnecting
clairturner13
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby clairturner13 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Any idea whats going on? controller is never connected for more than 30 seconds and the apex still thinks its connected. Cant use my titan 2 pretty much.
clairturner13
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Its not the Titan Two at fault here though. Its the Apex. The Titan Two wants to re-authenticate the controller, the apex does not always want to initiate this proccess. This is common when using the Apex with the console alone as well.

Also, just an update on my issue I previously posted above,

Its gotten a lot better. I'm almost positive my issue was more so related to the usb cable, and my controllers usb connector, they both were getting really worn out. So I replace the controller, and cable. And its been pretty steady.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby clairturner13 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:18 pm

i never get it with the apex alone though only whever i try it with them both. Do you think i should try another controller cable?
clairturner13
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:40 pm

clairturner13 wrote:i never get it with the apex alone though only whever i try it with them both. Do you think i should try another controller cable?
I can only talk for my experience with the Xbox One. A new controller and cable did help me, So If your on an Xbox One as well then give it a try.

Also make sure you have a power supply on the T2.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby clairturner13 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:45 pm

im on ps4, i have the t2 connected to pc while playing no power supply though, coould that be it? ill have to grab one of amazon
clairturner13
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

clairturner13 wrote:im on ps4, i have the t2 connected to pc while playing no power supply though, coould that be it? ill have to grab one of amazon

Mostly like yes, as there is at least 5 devices connected at the same time (Titan Two, XIM, controller, keyboard and mouse), this configuration can potentially require more power than what the USB port from the console can supply.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices