Titan Two not recognizing XIM APEX inputs - SOLVED

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan Two not recognizing XIM APEX inputs - SOLVED

Postby Ninety3 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Edit: Issue has been resolved and was due to a combination of corrupt Windows drivers, mismatched output protocol, and bad cable.

Objective: Use Gamepacks on PC with Mouse and Keyboard mapped from Xbox one controller. I used the XIM app manager to map buttons for PUBG.

Issue: Gtuner does not receive key presses or display them in device monitor. This results in no control in game. One thing I noticed is that the xbox controller does not turn on when connected to the XIM hub like it would when connecting directly to Titan Two or PC/Console. However, the XIM Apex app manager does show all three devices connected and receives/displays corresponding M/Kb key presses - they just don't push through to the Titan Two.

Below is how i've set up the devices. Both XIM hub and Titan Two are powered individually by DC power supplies.

Connection.png
Connection.png (136.63 KiB) Viewed 2493 times

Screenshots of the Device Configurations i've tried.
Settings1.PNG
Settings1.PNG (76.39 KiB) Viewed 2493 times

Settings2.PNG
Settings2.PNG (76.85 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
Last edited by Ninety3 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ninety3
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Titan Two not recognizing XIM APEX inputs

Postby Sillyasskid » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Why are you using the Xbox 360 Output Protocol with a Xbox One controller on the Apex.

The Titan 2 won't need authentication using the Xbox 360 protocol, but the APEX will.
The Apex thinks its plugged into a Xbox 360. If you want the Apex to authenticate you must use a Xbox 360 Controller with it.

Also, Why exactly can you not just change the output protocol on the Titan Two to Xbox One? The Apex Will be able to authenticate perfectly fine when you are using an Xbox One Controller, on the PC.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Ninety3 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:01 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:Why are you using the Xbox 360 Output Protocol with a Xbox One controller on the Apex.

The Titan 2 won't need authentication using the Xbox 360 protocol, but the APEX will.
The Apex thinks its plugged into a Xbox 360. If you want the Apex to authenticate you must use a Xbox 360 Controller with it.

Also, Why exactly can you not just change the output protocol on the Titan Two to Xbox One? The Apex Will be able to authenticate perfectly fine when you are using an Xbox One Controller, on the PC.

Thank you! You've just reminded me of a driver issue I completely forgot about. At some point, the Xbox one drivers on my PC stopped working with the Titan 2 so I swapped it over to 360 protocol which made it work again.

I just set the Titan's output protocol to xbox one, it wouldn't authenticate and device monitor's output would flash Xbox One a few times then dissapear, so I went through my device manager and uninstalled all hidden Xbox one and 360 drivers, and restarted the PC. It re-installed the drivers and Gtuner now shows all key presses...evrything works! Thanks! :innocent_smile_1:
Ninety3
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Blablubb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Why U dont simple Plug your Keyboard & Mouse directly into the PC?
Blablubb
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Ninety3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Sl3vin wrote:Why U dont simple Plug your Keyboard & Mouse directly into the PC?

So I can use Gamepacks.
Ninety3
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Titan Two not recognizing XIM APEX inputs - SOLVED

Postby Ghost287 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 am

Since two days I was able to connect without any issues and play with mouse, keyboard controller -> XIM apex -> Titan two
However today I have turn in my PS4 pro it’s not working , I tried multiple different cables however PS4 Controller lit orange and goes off
Please advise , I am new to Titan two
Ghost287
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan Two not recognizing XIM APEX inputs - SOLVED

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 am

Ghost287 wrote:Since two days I was able to connect without any issues and play with mouse, keyboard controller -> XIM apex -> Titan two However today I have turn in my PS4 pro it’s not working , I tried multiple different cables however PS4 Controller lit orange and goes off Please advise , I am new to Titan two

Please first check if your PS4 controller works as expected if connected directly to the Titan two (without XIM). Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices