Purple Lights

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Purple Lights

Postby lukasz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 am

Hi there team,

I have been using this game pack '_cod_wwii_modzpack' and my Xim Apex flashes with purple lights all the time. Additionally, the whole controls can get completely stuck at times and the only way to fix it is to power cycle the Xim and the titan.

I am just thinking, maybe I have done something wrong with the setup? Does anyone have that problem?
lukasz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Purple Lights

Postby antithesis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:17 am

Try one of the other scripts or gamepacks to see if it relates specifically to that script.

Alternately, it could power related, in which case a powered USB hub, or powered Apex hub, or powered T2 will help.

It's mostly likely to be USB desync with the Apex. Have you got the T2 set to the same polling speed as the Apex response rate? Go to Gtuner > Device Configuration and check the Output Polling Rate setting.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby lukasz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 am

Hey mate,

My xim is set to 1000 as Well as the TT, and if I run your script fro just AR it does not happen at all, I will double check the polling rate on my mouse later today, but I am pretty sure it’s all set to 1000 otherwise XIM, that is set to 1000, would have picked that up.
lukasz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:07 am

Try another script and see if the issue replicates. I'm not 100% sure why, but it may be that a bigger script is putting the T2 under more load and adding to the power load.

I think others have reported this in the past and their solution was to add a power supply or powered USB hub or switch. I've always used a switch, so can't trigger a similar issue.

It's also worth testing everything at 500Hz rather than 1000Hz to see if it makes any difference.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby lukasz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Mate,

I have tried another script, just a simple anti-recoil script, and I had no issues at all.

I have tried plugging TT, with the xim connected to it, to a powered USB hub and then plugging that hub to PS4, still the same issue.

I have tested it with two mice to rule out the mice and still had the purple lights on both mice.

The only thing that has fixed it was putting everything on 500Mhz when ran that way I had no purple light at all.
lukasz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Ok, good to know. You shouldn't notice any difference in performance.

What may also be worth trying is m/kb into a powered hub, hub into Apex USB hub. Leave the controller on the Apex hub. Apex to T2. T2 to console. Power is typically required at the end of the chain rather than the start. It may not make any difference here though.

Sorry for my forgetfulness Lukasz, did you say you're on PS4 or XB1?
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby lukasz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:00 pm

No worries, I’m on PS4. I will test plugin MK to the hub later today and I will let you know
lukasz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby lukasz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi mate,

I have tried that power configuration but, unfortunately, the problem is still there. I may try buying a power supply for the TT and see if that helps. Do you have any other ideas?
lukasz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices