Help with my PC Build? :)

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Re: Help with my PC Build? :)

Postby GSY » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:24 pm

perfecthuntr wrote:I would upgrade the case to one of the Corsair cases. Either the 500R (my recommendation) or the one that AKHUGHES recommended. I really like my case and have gone through 1 upgrade cycle with the same case and plan to do another in the near future, keeping the same case.

You may want a little more power behind the power supply or possibly go "modular". I would say 600W would be a minimum to keep from having to replace it in the future. Also, the modular power supplies let you plug in only the cables that you need to use, keeping everything really clean inside. This is not necessary, but it just makes it look really nice.

I'm uploading a couple images of the inside of my computer so you can see how "clean" I keep the inside.
http://i.imgur.com/Es5NveP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TkmJJsa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yOKMEND.jpg

For the CPU cooler, you SHOULD get one with the processor itself. Those are sufficient enough to keep you under budget.

Your RAM is fine. Corsair is good. You may want to consider doubling that up to 16 GB.

That graphics card looks fine as well.

Apart from that, I would consider the inputs available on the motherboard. Make sure you have a USB3 socket that you can use to plug in USB3 ports from the front part of your case (especially if you go with the Corsair 500R).

Wow man, your pc looks awesome, and it looks like you just bought it.
I found this power supply:
APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Its 700w would that be good? It's not modular like you said but i think its a pretty good price with good reviews.
I will most likely double the ram down the road. The motherboard has 4 ram slots, so i can use 4 sticks of 4gb correct?
Just to save some money i think im going to get the corsair 300r case. Would you still recommend it over the sentey one i had originally?
Code: Select all
//GSY
GSY
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:22 am

GSY wrote:
perfecthuntr wrote:I would upgrade the case to one of the Corsair cases. Either the 500R (my recommendation) or the one that AKHUGHES recommended. I really like my case and have gone through 1 upgrade cycle with the same case and plan to do another in the near future, keeping the same case.

You may want a little more power behind the power supply or possibly go "modular". I would say 600W would be a minimum to keep from having to replace it in the future. Also, the modular power supplies let you plug in only the cables that you need to use, keeping everything really clean inside. This is not necessary, but it just makes it look really nice.

I'm uploading a couple images of the inside of my computer so you can see how "clean" I keep the inside.
http://i.imgur.com/Es5NveP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TkmJJsa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yOKMEND.jpg

For the CPU cooler, you SHOULD get one with the processor itself. Those are sufficient enough to keep you under budget.

Your RAM is fine. Corsair is good. You may want to consider doubling that up to 16 GB.

That graphics card looks fine as well.

Apart from that, I would consider the inputs available on the motherboard. Make sure you have a USB3 socket that you can use to plug in USB3 ports from the front part of your case (especially if you go with the Corsair 500R).

Wow man, your pc looks awesome, and it looks like you just bought it.
I found this power supply:
APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Its 700w would that be good? It's not modular like you said but i think its a pretty good price with good reviews.
I will most likely double the ram down the road. The motherboard has 4 ram slots, so i can use 4 sticks of 4gb correct?
Just to save some money i think im going to get the corsair 300r case. Would you still recommend it over the sentey one i had originally?

I would go with something like this myself for a $800 build. After the $55 in rebates it would run you $790. This would leave you with a good core and room to improve on it later.

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Standard Return Policy

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
$139.99
$99.99
Save: 28.57%
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

EVGA 02G-P4-2966-KR GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video ...
EVGA 02G-P4-2966-KR GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video ...
VGA Standard Return Policy
Protect Your InvestmentView Details
1.00x EggPoints UP TO + 205
Send this item as a gift What's this?

IN STOCK
$209.99
$204.99
Save: 2.38%
JOIN TODAY

CORSAIR CXM series CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC CORSAIR ...
CORSAIR CXM series CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC CORSAIR ...
Standard Return Policy

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
$79.99
$69.99
Save: 12.50%
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
JOIN TODAY

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A2400C11
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A2400C11
Memory Standard Return Policy

IN STOCK
$139.99
$114.99
Save: 17.86%
JOIN TODAY

ASRock Z97 Extreme6 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI 10 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
ASRock Z97 Extreme6 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI 10 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Standard Return Policy
IN STOCK
LIMIT 10
$169.99
$164.99
Save: 2.94%
$15.00 Mail-in Rebate
JOIN TODAY

Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54460 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600
Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Quad-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54460 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600
CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
$189.99
JOIN TODAY
Subtotal: $844.94
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:58 am

Actually, I'm going to COMPLETELY AGREE with AKHUGHES on this one. That is a BADASS build right there. You will be MORE than happy with that. Trust the both of us and go with what he has there.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 am

perfecthuntr wrote:Actually, I'm going to COMPLETELY AGREE with AKHUGHES on this one. That is a BADASS build right there. You will be MORE than happy with that. Trust the both of us and go with what he has there.

:innocent_smile_1: :innocent_smile_1: :joia: :joia: I build a LOT of PC's each year.... :joia: :innocent_smile_1:

I would also recommend a SSD for your system drive, but you mentioned you already had HD's and DVD.
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby Prototype » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 pm

GSY wrote:I'm uploading a couple images of the inside of my computer so you can see how "clean" I keep the inside.

Yes it's really clean, more than mine but i want to say i have a NZXT Phantom full tower and it's my first case with cable management and this is a must have for air flow control !
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Nice. I'm not a 'huge fan' of those 'huge fans' lol. I like my water cooler :). I helped a guy design a custom water cooling loop once, and he put yellow dye in the working fluid to match his Yellow / Black color theme on the inside. It was pretty awesome. I'm going to try to see if I can get him to send me a pic of it.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue May 12, 2015 2:16 pm

I was curious how your build went. Can you provide us with an update?

BTW, the reason I'm asking is because I just saw this custom build on the front page of reddit - http://imgur.com/a/sJnxh - This guy spent a TON of time with this thing. Check it out!
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion