Ancient Device support?

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Ancient Device support?

Postby Sappharad » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:44 am

All the way back in 2013 I purchased a device called "device" from XConsoles, a store which no longer seems to exist. The device seems to have been from a period prior to that hardware being finalized, because it actually says "Xtreme" on the stick but was always recognized as a "device" by Gtuner. This was prior to the whole controversy that resulted in Titan One. The version of the software I installed 7 years ago does not work anymore, nor does the current software from 'that company'. I was glad to see the software here does.

The current version of GTuner Pro available here and the form on your website recognize my device's serial number as a valid device and successfully offered me a newer firmware version than the one I had. I have a supported bluetooth dongle from that era which still seems to work with it fine.

I originally bought the device back in 2013 to use a DualShock 4 with a PS3, and it worked great for that purpose. I had never tried to update it after that point since it was working fine, but I got a DualSense controller yesterday and wanted to try it with the PS3 wirelessly. What I'm seeing from the latest firmware Gtuner offers is that newer controllers do not work. The DualShock 4 I bought at launch works fine, I can plug it into the device and it works fine wired, and it also works wireless. But if I plug a newer (PS4 Pro style lightbar) DS4 into it, the device just flashes E. Same behavior for the PS5 DualSense controller, it flashes E. The dongle still works fine with the PS4 launch controller so I know it's not a hardware problem.

My question is - the firmware offered for the device seems to be 5 years old. Is there any way to purchase newer firmware that is compatible with newer controllers? I just want to use it as an adapter, that is why I bought it originally and I don't care about scripts. Or will I need an entirely new adapter and bluetooth dongle just to get newer controller support?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: No, it's not actually called "device", the swear filter is censoring the actual name for special reasons.
Sappharad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ancient Device support?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:42 am

Welcome to our forums.

Please note that is possible use Gtuner Pro with your device with an older firmware version. However, is not possible update with the latest Titan One firmware due differences in the hardware. The official Gtuner PRO can be used to make scripts, access our online library, program the old gamepacks and run some compatible plugins.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sappharad » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:23 am

J2Kbr wrote:Please note that is possible use Gtuner Pro with your device with an older firmware version. However, is not possible update with the latest Titan One firmware due differences in the hardware.

This did not really answer the exact question as I was not asking for Titan One firmware, but rather if you would consider selling any form of updated firmware for the older hardware since the only compatibility problem preventing the newer controllers from working seems to be the hard-coded device IDs in the old firmware.

I ordered a Titan One from Amazon today, so I guess this is a moot point.

But it seems like a waste to have to replace an otherwise perfectly working device just for something that could be fixed with software. I wish there was some kind of option here.

Thanks anyway.
Sappharad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:12 am

Sappharad wrote:This did not really answer the exact question as I was not asking for Titan One firmware, but rather if you would consider selling any form of updated firmware for the older hardware since the only compatibility problem preventing the newer controllers from working seems to be the hard-coded device IDs in the old firmware.

We don't have access to the firmware source code of this device.

Sappharad wrote:I ordered a Titan One from Amazon today, so I guess this is a moot point.

:smile0517: Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Off Topic Discussion