Great Gaming Router

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Great Gaming Router

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:08 pm

I recently got a new gaming router Netduma R1 based upon various reviews and videos by some youtubers. This is the one that Drift0r is using in his connection test videos. It has some great features that will definitely help to reduce lag and give better plays. See the below link. Here are some of its features.

Geo-filter: Geographical filter that will limit hosts to a geographical location. This will keep you from playing with people all over the world. You can even see on a map the hosts/players that are being allowed and not allowed.

Ping Assist: This will allow you to go outside the geo-filter location IF the host ping value is less than your limit

Congestion Control: You can limit how much other devices on your network can use to prevent them from eating up your bandwidth while you are trying to game.

Allow & Deny: This allows you to select hosts that are not great and deny using them again. You can also select hosts (friends) that are not within your geo-filter and allow them to be used too.

http://netduma.com/for-gamers/
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Great Gaming Router

Postby perfecthuntr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:04 am

Those are some pretty nifty features. I've got an ASUS RT-AC68U that has some useful features (that I don't use), but having that Geo-filter sounds really, really great.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:36 pm

I was happy with my Netgear R6300, but I was intrigued by the screens and mentions by some of the youtubers. After that, I decided to do some more digging and found lots of reviews. I am now giving it a test drive.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Back when I was playing Bad Company (PS3) I used the router firewall to force the game to only connect to some specific servers. Configuring that was a pain, deal with server ips, source ip ... ports ... Wish I had this geo filter that time!! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:23 pm

I used that same techniques and it was a pain in the arse and very inconsistent. I finally gave up. I have been playing with the R1 for about a week now. It has a few minor issues, but it works very well. The number of laggy games has definitely decreased.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 am

Are there any other (software only) alternatives? A linux build e.g. or a vm image?
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Titan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Having the ability to filter out geographical locations is a big bonus specifically in Call of Duty games where your chances being hosted by foreign lobbies is high. I live in the USA but I often get placed in lobbies as far as Japan and Russia which drastically deters my ability to compete. I saw the Netduma router selling on amazon for $200 which is quite a steep price; however considering its features and reviews Im willing to go with it.
Titan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Just bought a Nighthawk AC1900 or would myself. Although my issues are directly related to my connection to PSN. XBox has no issues, but PSN, upload won't hold at even a 1Mb/s speed. Had no problems either until about 3/4 weeks ago. Not sure if it would help there, if so I may add it to the down the road list.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 pm

The Netduma team are developing net another complete software upgrade the router that is supposed to be quite substantially better.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 am

I have a Netduma, it's great
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion