Apex Legends says they have found how to detect strike packs

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Apex Legends says they have found how to detect strike packs

Postby ComputerVisionAim-As » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:31 pm

I am not an expert on this but a theorist and here are my thought about being detected. After making some scripts of my own and watching the output I noticed something. The titan two does not slow bring the value to the set value. Instead it set it straight to the value you told it to set at. So say I was the device you are using the titan two on. Your input right now is 0.0 you aren't doing anything. Now say you have anti-recoil. When you press the fire button your stick is set straight to let's say 30.0 without hitting 5, 10, 15, 20, or 25 just straight 30. Kinda suspicious. So maybe we need to make a update the titan two so that it can hit every value until it hits the value set.
ComputerVisionAim-As
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Apex Legends says they have found how to detect strike p

Postby ComputerVisionAim-As » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:37 pm

JUST TO BE CLEAR THIS IS A THEORY.
ComputerVisionAim-As
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Apex Legends says they have found how to detect strike p

Postby antithesis » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 pm

This kind of detection requires heuristic analysis. That's not a cheap proposition for console gaming (it needs to be done server-side for the entire playerbase), but could easily be deployed on PC (installed and monitored locally, reported remotely).

The easy way around it to simply randomise input between max & min values in mod scripts to avoid heuristic detection, e.g. instead of a kb outputting either 0 or 100 (which is what Fortnite did on console to detect m/kb in controller lobbies), add interpolation of L-stick input over XXX ms to ramp from 0 to 100.

The same can be done in any and every mod, like Rapidfire, Antirecoil, Aim Assist Abuse etc by randomising output between a small range of values, which won't really affect the desired output.

It's dead easy and should be done already, but most peeps don't consider cheat detection to be a threat, so it's not implemented in many scripts.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Off Topic Discussion