xbox 1 controller on Steam

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

xbox 1 controller on Steam

Postby FCB77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:43 pm

is it possible to use a XBOX 1 controller on steam games? (Windows PC)

if yes, how do i hook and bind the keyboard keys to the xbox 1 controller.
if no, then
1. if the steam controller can do it, then it could be replicated under the XBOX 1 controller after some kind of steam bypass
2. could titan one add this feature in the future? hook a xbox 1 controller and make it appear as a steam controller.
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: xbox 1 controller on Steam

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:11 am

FCB77 wrote:2. could titan one add this feature in the future? hook a xbox 1 controller and make it appear as a steam controller.

As soon as possible, next year, I'll get a stem controller to check its protocol and, possibly, implement support to it on our devices (Titan One and the upcoming one).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:28 am

cool, but i think if can be achieved without the need of a steam controller.

do you know any software that can do that?
i guess a titan one plugin can do it.
- read xbox one controller inputs and transform them to keyboard commands (via widows API)

the only problem is that online games have anti-cheats detections and their anti-cheat detection can detect them.

maybe i can try writting my own titan one plugin, but i dont want to get ban lol.
a system kernel driver is needed to avoid keyboard virtual presses by anticheat but i dont have experience writting kernel drivers in windows, only DLLs but i will give it a try to see if steam respond to virtual key presses, or their anticheat (kernel driver hooks install by steam) block them

if a tool outthere already does this then i dont need to try it.

maybe soon i buy a xbox controller and try it (im waiting on some rebate cards :P 30 dollars)
i have a wired xbox 360 controller but it keeps disconnecting, it is damaged aswell.
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:35 am

FCB77 wrote:cool, but i think if can be achieved without the need of a steam controller. do you know any software that can do that? i guess a titan one plugin can do it. - read xbox one controller inputs and transform them to keyboard commands (via widows API).

Yes, Joy2Key can do that: http://joytokey.net/en/

FCB77 wrote:he only problem is that online games have anti-cheats detections and their anti-cheat detection can detect them.

I'm not sure if it also affects Joy2Key.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:01 pm

i will give it try.

ii started coding my own plugin and i have a question.

i noticed that when you open Device Monitor on GTuner, i can see which buttons (on my controller) are being pressed, i can select any slot and even scripts work, but when i use the Plugin interface and start to capture which buttons are being pressed via the plugin callbacks commands 3 bars appears on T1 and slot selection is disabled, and scripts dont work.

why is that? is it possible to emulate the capture similar to Device Monitor? so slot selection is enabled and scripts can run
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:47 pm

This behavior is normal. When running a plugin it is not possible load a memory slot on the device. In "plugin mode" the Titan One shows the 3 parallel bar, as you described.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:54 pm

yes i know i was just wondering how the titan one reads the values, then i realized the T1 communicates directly to the T1. ;)

i just found out my steam game supports the xbox 360 controller natively (maybe the xb1 controller as well), so i dont need any software any more. i connected the T1 to my PC via usb port and the controller to T1, just to see what happens, but controller cant control the game . thanks. any ways for your help.
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:42 am

FCB77 wrote:i just found out my steam game supports the xbox 360 controller natively (maybe the xb1 controller as well), so i dont need any software any more. i connected the T1 to my PC via usb port and the controller to T1, just to see what happens, but controller cant control the game . thanks. any ways for your help.

On the Titan One configurations, set the output protocol to XB360. this will force the Titan One to run as a Xbox 360 controller. In automatic mode the Titan One enters in XB1 mode when connected on PC.

Connect your device on PC (using the mini-USB cable), open Gtuner and click on Tools -> Options. In the options window, click on the 'Device' tab and check if the output protocol is set to XB360.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:56 pm

hey cool, i forgot about that,
i have changed it and now it works, i can use T1 and scripts on my steam (computer) game
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Glad to know!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Off Topic Discussion