3DS controller

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

3DS controller

Postby Elvish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:28 pm

So I was looking at Monster Hunter 4 Ulitmate the other day when I happened across a youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhoC7w3 ... 3532584721

Now I tinker with everything I own and did some modifications on my original Xbox so I am a novice, if even that, when it comes to hardware modification. This project is out of my scope for sure! But it's something I am debating tackling anyway because my 3DS hurts my hands to hold. It is just not comfortable! Plus I would love to practice soldering, I think its a useful skill to develop if you plan on working with computers. Which I do.

Anyway I just thought I would post this and see if anyone had thoughts or advice about this project. The details to the project are located in the links provided by the youtube user in the video description.
Elvish
Captain
Captain

Re: 3DS controller

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:45 am

I essence the micro-controller is reading the GC controller and directly activating the buttons of 3DS via IO pins.

I am not a big fan of this kind mod, as you need to hard-wire each button and this can easily be messy. However, I have no idea if would be possible a more elegant solution (just plug/unplug) on this portable console, probably not.

In any case, it would be very fun built this project, no doubts about that! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Off Topic Discussion