Which Headset? PS4

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Re: Which Headset? PS4

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:19 pm

I completely agree. Cans are the most important part followed closely behind by a good amp. Yes, I like the TR better than the previous even though some audiophiles state that they like the 2013 version better. I actually started with the TR on my Sennheisers. The quality was great. If I was using it for purely gaming, I would not have gotten the x7. I bought it because 1) i love tech gadgets, 2) I also wanted something to use for my laptop and 3) mic quality with TR and Sennheiser was not as good as I wanted. #2 was the most critical for my purchase though.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Rod » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Completely understand, don't think I'd be using the TR on a computer,but for me when matched with a console it's great/perfectly adequate. I have a Cambridge audio DAC in the front room and might be able to one day justify a nicer amp on the basis it would mostly be used with that. Like yourself I enjoy playing with the setup hence the tube rolling presently. However I believe the majority of people here wouldnt appreciate the difference between setups like ourselves use and a set of Astro A40's. Sh1t a good friend of mine who has enough money invested in his hifi to make me cringe played his PS4 with his headphones plugged into his controller until a month or so ago when he finally gave in and came around to hear what mine sounds like, he practically fell off the sofa!
Rod
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Rod » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Forgot to say I have a 2013 model as a back up which works perfect but has considerable hiss if the volume is pushed much past one o'clock on the dial. I think the original mixamp was the best of anything before the TR if your lucky enough to have one that works right on a ps4 or xbox one.
Rod
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Agree with all that. Most people will not want to invest the money or care that much. I, too, was completely blown away with the amount of sounds that I can hear versus using other headsets. There are subtle sounds that were never present - i.e. fire, waterfall, etc.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion