Help, microphone, mini USB input and 2 USB outputs

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Help, microphone, mini USB input and 2 USB outputs

Postby Racing » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi all, I want to connect a microphone to the PC and the PS4 at once, so I want to know if I connect this cable to the microphone, my friends listen to me and the PC would record my voice.
https://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/media/products/gallery_large/USB2HABMYX.Main.jpg
Thanks in advance.
PS: If I could not, any way to do that?
Racing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Help, microphone, mini USB input and 2 USB outputs

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:23 pm

I don't think so. The extra USB connector on the cable, in red, seems to be only for extra power. so it does not carry USB data. Going on technical aspects, the USB architecture does not allow a single device be connected on multiple hosts (Eg PC and PS4) simultaneously. As USB is a master-slave architecture, here the only one host (master) can exists in the USB BUS.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Racing » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm

J2Kbr, in the end have to buy 2 microphones, because there is no way to connect for 1 side by a jack of 3.5 and the other for USB and you hear the 2 sites?
Thanks in advance.
Racing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:43 pm

correct. Or, alternatively, you can get a USB Switcher. So you can use the same microphone on both systems, where you can select on the switcher the system to which the microphone should be connected. note with this solution only one system will have the microphone working at time. If you need the microphone working simultaneously on both systems, then you need 2 microphones.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Off Topic Discussion