Multi-console owners looking for a mic monitoring headset...

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Multi-console owners looking for a mic monitoring headset...

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 am

Now that T2 supports audio out via the 3.5mm socket, I've been looking for a new headset that fits these three criteria:

1) Supports all consoles
2) Has mic monitoring (so you can hear yourself speaking)
3) Supports mic monitoring on ALL consoles (some support all consoles but mic monitoring is limited to PS4 or XB1 only)

https://www.lucidsound.com

The only other headset that ticks all three boxes are the Turtle Beach PX24's but I've read that the mix amp breaks really quickly.

So these are literally the only choice but fortunately they have reviewed well. I look forward to picking up the new LS20's when they ship in a few weeks.

So anyone else shopping for new headphones with mic monitoring in the lead up to T2...check em out:) I've spent hours researching pretty much every option on the market and these were the only ones to meet this criteria.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Multi-console owners looking for a mic monitoring headse

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:04 am

I am mostly a PlayStation users. So I really can't help you much on this, as I use the Sony 7.1 wireless headset and very happy with it. However, despite the issue you mentioned, Turtle Beach seems to be one of the best brand in the market.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby paname » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:55 am

I own an astro A50 and also an TB elite 800 but i am currently lurking at HDMI (vs optical out) based headset like
the coming Tritton ark 300 series for an uncompressed 7.1 HD audio.

Only issue is the balance between game and voice sound at headset level..
paname
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:52 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I am mostly a PlayStation users. So I really can't help you much on this, as I use the Sony 7.1 wireless headset and very happy with it. However, despite the issue you mentioned, Turtle Beach seems to be one of the best brand in the market.

Yup I have the Sony Gold's too, but the microphone monitoring feature on them (which they call "Sidetone") isn't very good. It's funny because the Sidetone feature is so hidden that I only found out about it by accident recently when researching for Sidetone / mic monitoring headsets. This is what has motivated me into looking for a new set. If I can't hear myself I find it very difficult to communicate.

The Turtle Beach ones are generally quite good yeah, but apparently the PX24's have a problem where the mix amp dies very quickly, usually after a few months. It's such a shame that they have so many headsets to choose from but the one I really want is a dud.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 pm

I run a desktop setup with a Creative X7 DAC/AMP, Philips Fidelio X2 cans and V-Moda BoomPro mic. Suffice to say, it shames all gaming-grade gear, as it should for the price I paid.

The only problem is I can't chat on XB1 when the T1's plugged in. My BoomPro mic already splits audio and chat, so all I should need to do is run the chat cable to the XB1 controller connected to the T2. Consider me a pig in poo. I can't wait to test this out.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 pm

antithesis wrote:I run a desktop setup with a Creative X7 DAC/AMP, Philips Fidelio X2 cans and V-Moda BoomPro mic. Suffice to say, it shames all gaming-grade gear, as it should for the price I paid.

The only problem is I can't chat on XB1 when the T1's plugged in. My BoomPro mic already splits audio and chat, so all I should need to do is run the chat cable to the XB1 controller connected to the T2. Consider me a pig in poo. I can't wait to test this out.

I have the Creative X7 with Sennheiser Game One headset. They are amazing. Creative made a bluetooth device for the PS4. It is a same that they don't have a good solution for the Xbox.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Off Topic Discussion