You guys getting the PS4 Pro and Scorpio?

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

You guys getting the PS4 Pro and Scorpio?

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 pm

I buy every console eventually, so I expect to own all of them including the Nintendo NX. It annoys me though how we're forced to wait to get different colours. That's the only reason I'm not buying PS4 Pro on day 1. Subsequently I won't be buying PS VR yet because I want it with the Pro.

The only console I haven't bought yet is the Vita but I plan on getting on eventually.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: You guys getting the PS4 Pro and Scorpio?

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:06 pm

For obvious reasons I will be getting them all!!! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:12 pm

As a heavy PS4 player, no I don't expect to be getting PS4 Pro any time soon. It really doesn't include anything at this point that would be useful to me. I don't have a 4K TV and other than that all of the other functionality will be coming down to the regular PS4 through a firmware update. The Scorpio has over a year left so by then that may have changed. I'll most likely get the Scorpio, but until Sony pulls their network together I've decided not to do much more with their consoles.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby bonefisher » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 pm

All be getting both but wish PS4 would do a little better with online play. They still haven't figured it out!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jayjack » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:17 pm

That PS4 Pro is very disappointing.
I was thinking of the slim but without the optical audio, LED bar, and it's cheap looking construction; it should be $50 cheaper. The Scorpio, on the otherhand, I will keep an eye on even though I'm not an xbox guy.
jayjack
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby MR DIABOLICAL » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Ill be getting the scorpio.. cant wait for the 4k games too come out
MR DIABOLICAL
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:31 pm

jayjack wrote:That PS4 Pro is very disappointing.
I was thinking of the slim but without the optical audio, LED bar, and it's cheap looking construction; it should be $50 cheaper. The Scorpio, on the otherhand, I will keep an eye on even though I'm not an xbox guy.

I'm obsessed with 60fps so I was hugely disappointed to see them focus on 4K instead of 60fps. Why spend so much time touting a feature that will benefit 1% instead of 100%.

If they had made the focus about improvements to 1080p gaming, particularly upgrades to existing games, as well as releasing more colours I'd be there on day 1.

Speaking of colours it annoys me how they always wait for sales to decline before making more available. I'm sick of being penalized for being a day 1 customer.

I will definitely get one eventually but I wanted them to make a device compelling enough for me to buy day 1. I mean the price is right - it's surprisingly affordable. I just don't like everything else about it lol
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:38 pm

MR DIABOLICAL wrote:Ill be getting the scorpio.. cant wait for the 4k games too come out

I think realistically it'll be 1 or 2 more generations before we see 4K at 60fps.

It'll follow the same trajectory as we are on now:

PS3 - promised 1080p gaming. Realistically we only saw a few and definitely not at 60fps.

PS4 - promised 1080p gaming, currently about 80% are 1080p and 30% are 60fps so we are getting there.

I expect the exact same trajectory.

PS4 Pro / Scorpio - promises 4K, but I expect most games to struggle to even hit a consistent 30fps

Gen after - some games at 4K and 60fps

Gen after that - almost all games hit both 4K and 60fps

I expect it to mirror what we've seen in the last 2 generations.

Therefore, I would say it'll be the system AFTER Scorpio that truely delivers on 4K.

I'll still buy both but will keep my expectations in check:)

Presently PC gamers are struggling to get more than like 40-50fps on 4K with DUAL TITAN X setups with current gen games like The Witcher 3!!! And the Pro and Scorpio aren't even close to one Titan X in power. That should say a lot about what these two can really do...
Last edited by pablosscripts on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:45 am

Totally agree with your point pablogroup ... We are still far from 4K @ 60fps.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bonefisher » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:55 am

They say the new Scorpio will be true 4k at 60fps. :joia: Plus the developer's will be taking full advantage of the cloud platform. :smile0202: There already started to with Battlefield 1 if you haven't noticed the wild sand storm if you have a Xbox One. :smile0208:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion