Who is using Anti Recoil?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Who is using Anti Recoil?

Postby rainbow47 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey guys,
I am using my T1 now for a long time in various games and absolutely loving it.

At the beginning I as using the AR in my script but I felt over time that it is rather hard to control your gun if you have anti recoil active. So I decided to delete it from my scripts and now control my recoil without any T1 support.

Just out of interest I would like to know how you feel about AR? Useful or not? Are you using it? And if you are using it which AR script works best for you?

Thanks
rain
rainbow47
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Who is using Anti Recoil?

Postby antithesis » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:40 am

It depends on the game and how you use anti-recoil.

For example, The Division has a mean recoil pattern for assault rifles that drives the muzzle through the roof after a second or two. Firing in bursts mitigates that recoil, but coupling burst-fire with anti-recoil makes for a significantly smoother experience.

Recoil can also be completely eliminated on sidearms, but it really requires a stationery target as The Division adds a stupid amount of input lag that keeps rapid-fire and anti-recoil firing for a good second after you've released the trigger.

Shotguns in any game benefit from anti-recoil, as do many sniper rifles by pulling the reticle back on-target quicker. Rapid-fire shotgun + anti-recoil can work a treat.

Where anti-recoil comes unstuck is tracking moving targets, which is why we put thresholds into anti-recoil scripts to disable it on fast analog stick or mouse movements. Burst-fire again helps quite a bit in this scenario, not only to manage recoil, but for reticle bloom control. The downside is dropping DPS potential, but the upside is landing more bullets.

Personally, I don't use anti-recoil much, but I do like to experiment with it. It's pretty solid in PvE where enemy movement is predictable, but PvP is a whole other can of worms. I typically find it better to use a low-recoil weapon and learn to control it manually rather than risk fighting the anti-recoil.

An example of rapid-fire and anti-recoil wrecking face is Garden Warfare and GW2. The Law Pea has an unlimited maximum semi-automatic fire-rate, so you dump the magazine as quickly as you can pull the trigger. To offset that, there's a tonne of recoil. Rapid-fire empties the clip in no time flat and anti-recoil keeps the bullets on-track. What you end up with is a two-tap shotgun-like burst that kills any class in the game in under a second. It's amusing to charge into a group of All-Stars and drop them all before they know what hit them.
Last edited by antithesis on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:39 pm

I'll second antithesis, I used anti-recoil at first until I get used to the weapon. At this point, I don't use it very often myself. It can be useful to breaking into a game, but once you get the hang of how the weapon will work it becomes easier to manually adjust for it. Still, along the same lines, it is fun to experiment with and see what all can be done.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby bonefisher » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:28 pm

I am using a new way of doing this in MWR where you have the anti-recoil shut off after so many milliseconds because in that game it stays dead on after that with anything after that would pull gun down to much. Like using the M14 which with my rapid fire setting and recoil compensation to 65 on the stick with shut down of the recoil compensation after 875ms makes a deadly weapon. This is in my new SHOOTERs MODzPACK on the Titan Two.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jayjack » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:05 pm

I always use AR but set between 50-75% of optimal.
I enjoy still getting the feel of the weapon with some kick.
And the random wonkiness of all AR is reduced.

Also the constant balancing of today's games where no gun is allowed be be better than the others annoys me.
Recoil is one of the attributes the devs arbitrarily change to balance everything.
I like having guns of various abilities.
jayjack
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Return to Titan One Device