[RESOLVED] datel turbo fire 2 vs. datel wildfire 2?

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

[RESOLVED] datel turbo fire 2 vs. datel wildfire 2?

Postby Malevion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:07 pm

hello all.
im looking at buying two new controllers to my...Collection.?...?
anyways, i have been trying to find out the difference (if there is any) between the
datel turbo fire 2 controller
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Turb ... 00924.aspx
and the
datel wildfire 2 controller
http://uk.codejunkies.com/products/wild ... 00932.aspx
i find none. they look the same, they have the same content, but they dont have the same price. (but that can be a type error or not-uppdated-webpage-problem)
there are members here that are way smarter than me (in this subject).
kindly tell me;
is there a difference in these two controllers, or is it the same controller with two different names?
thanx
Last edited by Malevion on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
i use Xbox one+Titan2+Titan1:
Titan1+microsoft-xbox360-wireless-dongle+microsoft-wireless-xbox-360-orginal-controller in port A.
and usb2->Micro-Cable+microsoft-wireless-Xbox-one-orginal-controller+microsoft-wired-Xbox-one-original-headset in port B.
Malevion
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: datel turbo fire 2 vs. datel wildfire 2?

Postby bonefisher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 pm

I wouldn't buy either one of them because you can buy a regular controller and use scripts with your titan one or two to blow all what they have to offer away. If anything buy an elite controller or battlebeavercustoms controller to broaden your experience with your titan.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HYDENWALLS » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:17 am

The two controllers are one in the same. For whatever reason Datel marketed the two controllers under different names turbo fire in the USA and wildfire in the UK. I have a couple of the Turbo fire controllers as well as the EVO and they are all plagued with quality issues. The analog sticks suffer from slow turn (not being centered) and are not nearly as tight as the Microsoft controller.. TBH there were only a couple of good third party controllers made for 360 and they all used ALPS branded analog sticks.(Microsoft and Sony use these). If you are like me and prefer the tight feeling of the 360 analog sticks stay with the original. Even the XB1 sticks (including the elite) are too loose IMO hence why I still use the 360 controller on my XB1.
HYDENWALLS
Corporal
Corporal

Postby antithesis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 am

I'd hesitate to buy anything from Datel, their support is complete and utter shite.

I bought a Powersaves Plus in November that took four weeks to arrive in the post. Since then, I've contacted them no less than 10 times via 4 channels (email, website, Facebook, Twitter) about 3 separate issues with ZERO response, even when I threatened to report them to UK consumer affairs for selling a product that clearly did not work as advertised and that ended up dying completely within 3 months of purchase.

By the way, I've added two turbo scripts to the GPC library for Titan One in the last day. You really don't need to blow your dough on crappy controllers when a Titan script paired with a Sony or MS controller will more than do the job.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Malevion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 pm

i have had a turbo fire 2/wildfire 2 for almost two years with no problems.
but you are all right. it is not perfect.
it would be nice to have a script that makes a 360 controller (or any controller) to work exactly like a datel controller.
to be able to change the auto-fire-speed on the fly.
to be able to put auto-fire on any, or more, button/s on the fly.
to be able to turn it on and off on the fly.

i know almost nothing about scripting. i did look at the visual-scripting,
but i get the feeling that i will not be able to make it right.
im the guy who rather ask for help (to often perhaps) than screw it upp.

to anyone who has datel controller and really good skill in programming/scripting for Titan2:
is it possible to make what i wish for?
i mean, the datel has a extra button to turn on and of the rapid-fire.
so in my mind, lets use the Xbox-button on the 360-controller.
it has the ability to blink while changing the speed. to show the present speed.
the datel controller has 8 different speeds to choose from. i dont need more than that.
is it possible to unprogram the Xbox-dashboard-funktion on that button? and then put "my-wish-script" on it?

(my god, that was a lot that came out. hopefully it will be reed by the right persons).
thanx

edit: i have just looked at antithesis scripts. Turbo Time! is very Close to what i wish. im going to try to get it in on too my Titan2.
to antithesis: what does HIP and ADS stand for?
Titan1+microsoft-xbox360-wireless-dongle+microsoft-wireless-xbox-360-orginal-controller in port A.
and usb2->Micro-Cable+microsoft-wireless-Xbox-one-orginal-controller+microsoft-wired-Xbox-one-original-headset in port B.
Malevion
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Malevion » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

i Think something is wrong.

i found antithesis, Turbo Time!, for titan1. :)
https://www.consoletuner.com/gpclib/?s=1386
i tried to convert it to titan2 by following Converting Titan One scripts to Titan Two using T1.gph writen by Scachi. :innocent_smile_1:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5826&hilit=titan+one+scripts+on+titan+two
i did #include "T1.gph" and compiled it. and got 0 warnings. :joia:
i copy and paste all the content in Turbo Time! and compiled it. and got
GPC: GPC Compile ABORTED with 0 warning(s) and 38 error(s). :shocked:
can someone smarter than me kindly do a convert on antithesis, Turbo Time!, for me? and put it on GTuner IV online resourse drag-and-drop? :ashamed:
Malevion
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

I'll give the T2 upgrade a crack myself. I'm just experimenting with a couple of other things to finish off the T1 version, but basically...

1. Change turbo (auto-fire) speed on-the-fly = done. Manually adjust the speed on-the-fly, or choose from three auto-turbo speeds. Green LED on the Titan One = slow, Yellow = mid, Red = fast turbo speed.

2. Turbo on any / multiple buttons on-the-fly = done. Just hold the buttons (one at a time) and tap D-Pad Up.

3. Turn turbo on / off on-the-fly = done. Same thing - hold the turbo button and tap D-Pad Up to turn off.

I've also included an auto turbo mode where you can toggle a turbo-enabled button with a tap rather than needing to hold it. In practice, it's not necessary for regular gameplay, but it does allow for auto-farming. Hold your turbo-enabled button and click L3 for auto turbo.

re: HIP and ADS:- HIP = fire from the hip, ADS = aim down sights. Separate HIP and ADS modes aren't in the Turbo Time scripts, but they are in my other scripts, e.g https://www.consoletuner.com/gpclib/?s=1360

Let me know if there's any other functionality you might want to see in Turbo Time and I'll see if it's possible. For example, I can include a killswitch combo to disable all turbo buttons with one press, e.g L3 + R3.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Malevion » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:43 am

wow.
that is so nice that i cant stop smilling.
me/i personally feel that the HIP and ADS should stay in the more advanced 'Adjustable Rapid-fire, Anti-recoil, Semi-burst & Auto-burst'-sciptet. i need to start with something small (or almost small), the Turbo Time!.
a killswitch would be nice to have to just reset an start over.
when doing manually speed-change, can there be some light that blinks to show current speed? but only when changing speed, the datel controller blinks every time a rapid-fire is used, that is more or less annoing.

sorry for beeing such a pain. :ashamed:
Malevion
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Malevion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:51 pm

hey all
so i finerlly came around to try "Turbo Time!" again to my Titan2.
and like last time i tried, i get a lot of errors when i try compile it. :cry:

if i download the script to my Titan1 and then plug it into my Titan2;
will that work? :smile1002:
Malevion
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Malevion wrote:hey all
so i finerlly came around to try "Turbo Time!" again to my Titan2.
and like last time i tried, i get a lot of errors when i try compile it. :cry:

if i download the script to my Titan1 and then plug it into my Titan2;
will that work? :smile1002:

I honestly don't know, but probably not. Worth a try though.

Is there any reason why you can't just use the T1 instead of the T2?
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion