Xbox One S or PS4 Pro

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

Xbox One S or PS4 Pro

Postby TintaTonti » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am

Hello everyone. I want to know your opinion and suggestions regarding Xbox One S and PS4 Pro. I'm new to console. Can you tell me which one is better. Right now I have Xbox One S which I recently bought. I'm thinking to exchange it with PS4 Pro. Can anyone tell me how much difference can I see in picture quality i.e. frame rates, lag etc. I have Toshiba 4K tv without HDR support.

Second question I have battlefield 1 with add on They Shall not Pass on Xbox. Do i need to purchase game and addon separately for PS? Can I transfer my gameplay levels to PS?

P.S. I need console for gaming.
TintaTonti
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Xbox One S or PS4 Pro

Postby bonefisher » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

TintaTonti wrote:Hello everyone. I want to know your opinion and suggestions regarding Xbox One S and PS4 Pro. I'm new to console. Can you tell me which one is better. Right now I have Xbox One S which I recently bought. I'm thinking to exchange it with PS4 Pro. Can anyone tell me how much difference can I see in picture quality i.e. frame rates, lag etc. I have Toshiba 4K tv without HDR support.

Second question I have battlefield 1 with add on They Shall not Pass on Xbox. Do i need to purchase game and addon separately for PS? Can I transfer my gameplay levels to PS?

P.S. I need console for gaming.

I have both and hands down if your multiplayer online the Xbox One beats PS anytime. I'd wait til the new Xbox Scorpio comes out and the new PS5 for better 4K TV support. Anyway the PS4 is little bit better crisper on picture quality but can't notice it much. Everyone has there own ideas on this but depending what games you like, go with either. I myself have had both for years and go back and fourth but have found I'm leaning toward Xbox controllers for comfort which the Titan's allow to play with either controller :innocent_smile_1: so I use Xbox Elite controllers on the PS4 when playing on that console.

You would have to create a new PS4 account and your games don't follow you over to PS4 which I wish that was true would be awesome if they came to a one account for both. PS. you would start from scratch no transfer! :joia:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 am

After couple Nintendos, I grew-up playing PlayStations -- so for me is more like a personal inclination, than an technical choice, for the Sony consoles.

@bonefisher, why do you consider XB1 better than PS4 for multiplayer?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bonefisher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 am

J2Kbr wrote:After couple Nintendos, I grew-up playing PlayStations -- so for me is more like a personal inclination, than an technical choice, for the Sony consoles.

@bonefisher, why do you consider XB1 better than PS4 for multiplayer?

More reliable service for one. Just an example so I don't have to knock it too bad. Question: Do you have Battlefield 1 on both PS4 and Xbox One consoles? Play both for a while and tell me everything you notice. Then get back to me! :joia:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 am

Got it, I usually get an game for one or other, never happened to get the same game on both consoles to do an comparison.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Rocky » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 pm

I heard the Scorpio might be priced competitively at 450. Better to wait.
Rocky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Rocky_ wrote:I heard the Scorpio might be priced competitively at 450. Better to wait.

that would be really good ... actually -I believe- that would be the only chance to really compete with PS4 Pro, despite of the better specs of Scorpio.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby maryduncan » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 am

I would certainly go for PS4 as it is just over twice as powerful as that in any other console. While Further more the PS4 Pro has the same amount of memory as the original PS4 – 8GB GDDR5. Recently, one of my friends was suggested to buy Acheter Playstation Plus 365 jours from Press-start an Official Website for all the gaming consoles. He is now very happy with the new brand consoling he received at very affordable price. So from his experience I would recommend PS4 is much better.
maryduncan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Off Topic Discussion