A good wired PS4 controller

Any discussion that is not related to other forums goes here.

A good wired PS4 controller

Postby RockMonster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good wired controller. The port to game on all of my stock controllers are broke. I have purchased 3 controllers in the last year. Sooooo with the T2 currently needing to be wired I need to either purchase yet another stock controller or find a sturdy wired controller. Maybe others could let me know what they prefer
RockMonster
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: A good wired PS4 controller

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

We are few weeks to have the Titan Two Bluetooth Module available.

for the wired PS4 controller, please check the Nacon Revolution Pro. The connection on the controller is pretty strong.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby RockMonster » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks, I was looking at that one and the razer raiju
RockMonster
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Entropy512 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 pm

J2Kbr wrote:We are few weeks to have the Titan Two Bluetooth Module available.

for the wired PS4 controller, please check the Nacon Revolution Pro. The connection on the controller is pretty strong.

At least in theory it is pretty strong, but the reviews of the controller say otherwise.

I've also got some personal experience with M8 and M12 connectors from work (my day job is industrial automation). I'm 90% certain the R1 Pro connector is an M12 connector. The R2 is USB Type-C. We've stripped threads on M8 connectors quite frequently, and while you'd think an M12 should be practically invincible against impact, we killed 2-3 of those in as many weeks trying to remove the cover from a new vehicle design. It was such an issue we completely redesigned the weldment where the device in question was being mounted in order to relocate it a few additional inches away from the cover. Nacon will not sell replacement parts, and in single quantities, an M8 connector suitable for making your own replacement cable is going to cost on the order of 40-50USD. (M8/M12 cables are strange in that it's often much cheaper to buy premade cables than bare connectors!)

To the OP - I'm a bit surprised your controller connector itself is wearing out - with the move from USB Mini-B to Micro-B, the spring contacts were moved from the socket (device) to plug (cable) - so USUALLY the cable's connector wears out but not the device. I've only seen one Micro-B socket fail, but I've seen LOTS of cable plugs fail. Did you try just swapping the USB cable out?
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Entropy512 wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:for the wired PS4 controller, please check the Nacon Revolution Pro. The connection on the controller is pretty strong.

At least in theory it is pretty strong, but the reviews of the controller say otherwise.

I own a Nacon Pro controller and i'm constantly screwing the cable because it disconnects the controller off the Titans.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Entropy512 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 pm

prototype wrote:
Entropy512 wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:for the wired PS4 controller, please check the Nacon Revolution Pro. The connection on the controller is pretty strong.

I own a Nacon Pro controller and i'm constantly screwing the cable because it disconnects the controller off the Titans.

I noticed that it seems to lack the racheting/clicking (it's hard to describe) retention method I've seen in most M12 connectors - although that method seems much rarer in M8 connectors.

My Nacon Pro is boxed up for return to Amazon - I'm MUCH happier with T2 + Xbox Elite, and I haven't even finished tuning my macros yet. The PS4 controller is just for auth at this point.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Entropy512 wrote:I noticed that it seems to lack the racheting/clicking (it's hard to describe) retention method I've seen in most M12 connectors - although that method seems much rarer in M8 connectors.

That's it, there is no racheting/clicking :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Entropy512 wrote:My Nacon Pro is boxed up for return.

Yes that's what i should have done... For the price i'm disappointed. The controller have some pros but is far from the elite controller!
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Return to Off Topic Discussion