Elite Dangerous - PS4 - Hotas Warthog - Arcade Style

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Elite Dangerous - PS4 - Hotas Warthog - Arcade Style

Postby Pr3d8or » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi Team-Titan,

I really like the community here :smile0517: and wanted to share my first GPC2 script for Elite Danngerous on PS4.

Hardware:
- PS4 pro
- Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick

Minimum required Software:
- 1.8.1.6(Beta)

Feature for big ships with fighter hangar:
- One button [S4] to send out a NPC fighter with order "free attack", push button again to get fighter back in hangar

Additional Info:
- Buttons [H4L], [H4D] can't be mapped at the moment.
- Button [H3L] is mapped to (L3) but has no function in my setup
- If you use [S4] and the function panel manually, make sure to leave/close the panel at the exact same marked position you opened it. Otherwise the triggered button event chain with [S4] won't work correct any more.
- The two joystick axis are mapped to the left analog stick and are used for roll/pitch. I also use the Elite Dangerous settings for yaw when joystick x-axis is just slightly pushed, which allows you to make smaller corrections to keep target in focus
- My ship setup is the Anaconda with auto laser turrets on secondary fire and gimballed multi-cannons on primary fire. So when enemy shields are teared down by my fighter and lasers, I use the trigger [TG1] to pierce through the hull with the huge hardpoint multicannons.

Button mapping:

Best regards
Last edited by Pr3d8or on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pr3d8or
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Elite Dangerous - PS4 - Hotas Warthog - Arcade Style

Postby Pr3d8or » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Updates:

v1.0
- Button-mapping with sketch
- Feature: fighter launch button
Pr3d8or
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Nice work! I have a Warthog that I've been meaning to setup to play Elite Dangerous on PS4. This'll save me some serious tinkering :)

Are you using only the Warthog stick and not the thruster? I recall there being some minor button mapping issues with the thruster that would be corrected with an Input Translator or some GPC code.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Pr3d8or » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:35 am

Hello commander antithesis :a1chill_angry1: ,

glad to hear that you can reuse some of this stuff ^^. Would be really nice to see how you use your whole setup!
Currently I'm waiting for the Expansion- & Connection-kit to arrive, so I can add the thruster and debug it together with the joystick. When it arrives, I'll deal with the issues or pray that Jefferson implements the direct access to the hid protocols in the next firmware release. Aim is then to create a "Simulation Style" script for the real space experience :innocent_smile_1:.
Pr3d8or
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to User's Script Documentation